Healthy Take to Work Lunch Ideas

Options
Does anybody have any recommendations for foods to take to lunch at work that require minimal/no preparation? I am not a big fan of cooking :)

Replies

• Msheehan61
    Options
    The lean ground chicken, lean ground turkey or lean ground beef muffins are easy to pack for lunch. The cooking time really it's that long. You can do the prepare work and cooking within an hour and a half. I do most of the cooking once a week and then put everything in easy to grab containers.

I normally make 2 or 3 batches of the muffins at one time. I normally make one batch of lean chicken and one batch of lean beef.
    You can make about 16 of each. Once they are cooked let them cook off for little while and then put in zip lock lunch bags. I put 2 in each zip lock bag. And then put them all in the freezer. In the morning when you're putting your lunch bag together it's easy to grab 2-3 bags and throw them in your lunch bag. For your carbs, prepare whatever you like and divide that into small containers and put those in your lunch bag too.

Another easy one I do is extra lean turkey (Jennie-O brand). Spray some Pam in a pan and then cook the extra lean turkey. Use Mrs Dash spices or add whatever veggies to the turkey you like. After it's cooked, put 4 ozs in small glass containers. Again in the morning you can grab those small containers along with your containers of carbs along with some whole fruit, put all of your meals in your extra large meal bag.