Motivation

Options
freedomis
freedomis Posts: 55 Member
What motivates you? How do you plan to reach your goal and how can WE help you as a group!

Motivator: BIKINI SEASON

Plan of Action: RUN RUN RUN lol or try to...

Help? : I just need a kick in the butt (figuratively) or a message saying WORK OUT! hahah

Replies

• Sylkwyrm
    Sylkwyrm Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Motivator: I've gotten into hobby modeling so my motivation is looking good for photoshoots.
    Plan: My plan of action is to go to the gym every weekday and stay close to my calorie goals.
    Help: Lately homework and social events are leading to unnecessary snaking. Getting encouragement from friends to meet my calorie goals would help keep me motivated! :-)
  • dimplz369
    dimplz369 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Motivator: Bikini weather and overall healthiness

Plan of Action: Don't be lazy - eat better and keep attending fitness classes!

Help?: I just need to stay motivated because I have busy times at work where I end up working late, have no energy or time to go to the gym, and sometimes don't have time to plan/execute the healthiest of meals or snacks. No excuses this time :)
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Motivator: That itsy bitsy teeny weenie yellow polka-dot bikini hanging in my closet.

Plan of Action: Lift weights. Lift MORE than the boys! Conquer the 5K Foamfest Course!

Help? : I don't need much help, but would looooooooooooove a workout partner that also likes to lift!
  • littlemzkitty
    littlemzkitty Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Motivator: I'm going to spend 3 weeks in Italy this summer, and general overall health.

Plan of Action: Zumba, Running, free weights, finding FUN new workouts

Help? : A workout buddy. My sister has been great help with this so far, but doesn't go to my gym. I work full time and go to school part time and getting to the gym after work but before class is going to be hard.
  • hjensen2263
    hjensen2263 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Motivator: not being self conscious when guys pick me up.
    Plan of Action: working out daily and tracking calories.
    Help: Anyone have ideas for chocolate cravings?
  • freedomis
    freedomis Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Motivator: not being self conscious when guys pick me up.
    Plan of Action: working out daily and tracking calories.
    Help: Anyone have ideas for chocolate cravings?

as bad as it sounds... godiva. if you're going to treat yourself, its more satisfying to treat with chocolates that are actually chocolate! Hershey's and everything else is waxy and filled with horrible chemicals. When I treat myself I'll buy one chocolate. Eat it slowly, and trust me they're so rich one is enough sometimes.
  • hollyday11
    hollyday11 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What motivates me?

1. Volleyball season (competitive sand league at work)
    2. Don't want to embarrass my kids (12 and 15) by being the frumpy overweight mom
    3. How I look and feel in my own skin :-)

Plan of action:

1. Track food!
    2. Work out while daughter is at volleyball practice twice a week
    3. Spinning class!
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm going on a cruise to Cozumel and Grand Cayman in February 2014, and found a super cute Wonder Woman Monokini that I want to wear.

Right now, I'm in Phase 1 (of 3) of Jamie Eason's LiveFit trainer, and lifting as heavy as I can with good form. You'd be amazed how quickly you can move up weights when you lift heavy. :happy: :bigsmile:
  • Lsteedly85
    Lsteedly85 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    How do you like her program? I love some of her receipes!!!
  • patsysue01
    patsysue01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    MOTIVATORS: 1. buying clothes off the rack 2. wearing clothes without a jacket or some kind of cover 3. bikini season 4. being healthy and feeling healthy

PLAN OF ACTION: journal/upload my eating and exercising. Be conscious of my choices daily.Ask for help when I need it and not let self sabotage get the best of me.

Help: words of Encouragement, sharing of ideas of things that have helped or worked for you
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Motivator: Buy clothes out of normal section and not plus size and wear a bikini for the first time in my life. Always been self conscious even when I was very thin.

Plan of Action: Walk 4 miles every week, Zumba 5-6 days a week and drink lots of water

Help: Little words of encouragement to keep me on track
  • aimeeernest
    aimeeernest Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Motivator: BIKINI SEASON... that is, one i DON'T avoid for once!! My GW reward is a bikini that I can wear with confidence!!

Plan of Action: work out for 90 minutes at least 5 days a week, burn at least 400-500cals each time if not more, EAT HEALTHY

Help?: every little tiny bit of encouragement helps!! Friend me if you'd like :)