YMCA members

Options
stubbysticks
stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
As I browsed the Workout Buddies - Gyms thread, I thought it might be nice to start separate threads for the different chains of gyms. Not to divide the group or anything, but just to make it easier for folks to meet up if they are so inclined. So since I go to the Y, I'm starting a Y thread.

My home Y is the one in Coon Rapids, though I occasionally hit up other locations depending on scheduling. Where are my YMCA peeps at?? :laugh:

Replies

• Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I go to the one in Eagan
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    dont have one in Bemidji otherwise I would be going for the pool work :)
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Me! I currently go to primarily the Elk River branch, but DT Mpls is soon in my future, with occasional Blaisdell or Southdale workouts.
  • stubbysticks
    Options
    Me! I currently go to primarily the Elk River branch, but DT Mpls is soon in my future, with occasional Blaisdell or Southdale workouts.
    I'll be checking out the DT Y soon too, my benefits provider OptumHealth has an office there I hear, & they do a professional gait analysis. Much more elaborate than the 30-second one running stores do to sell you shoes. At some point I need to get around to looking into it & scheduling an appt!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    DT St. Paul and Woodbury
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Minnesota Valley YMCA in good ole B'ville!!
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I go to the Winona YMCA
  • KenMonson
    KenMonson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I go to the Eagan Y
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have been been a member for a while now and go to the Lino Lakes location. However.... Its really packed and at times difficult to get a certain routine I had planned.

How is the population at your locations?
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Chain of Lake Lino Lakes right here.
  • smbkrn
    smbkrn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I work out at the downtown YMCA over lunch during the week. If you want a great workout, hit-up the bootcamp class on Wednesdays @ 11:45 with James. His class is killer! Other than that you can find me on the third floor treadmills and in the pool after the Masters class gets done.

On the weekends, I will be at the Andover Y usually cathching the 8:30 spin class with Peter.
  • stubbysticks
    Options
    I have been been a member for a while now and go to the Lino Lakes location. However.... Its really packed and at times difficult to get a certain routine I had planned.

How is the population at your locations?
    The Coon Rapids Y has a pretty large membership, but I only find it packed at certain times of day, usually between 5-6:30 in the evenings. Otherwise I never have issues getting at what I need in the weight room or finding a treadmill.
  • stubbysticks
    Options
    I work out at the downtown YMCA over lunch during the week. If you want a great workout, hit-up the bootcamp class on Wednesdays @ 11:45 with James. His class is killer! Other than that you can find me on the third floor treadmills and in the pool after the Masters class gets done.

On the weekends, I will be at the Andover Y usually cathching the 8:30 spin class with Peter.
    If you want a kickarse spin class, see if you can check out one of Tahna's at Coon Rapids. She's a BEAST.
  • JeanneJeanne
    JeanneJeanne Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I work out at the Ridgedale YMCA. I mostly use the treadmill and attend a few classes once in a while. Right now I'm doing 30DS at home so not going as much.
  • nlesthought
    Options
    I've been to a few different Y's because of the assortment of classes. My fav is Southdale, but I live closer to MN Valley (B'ville). Before work I go to DT Mpls...
  • stubbysticks
    Options
    I've been to a few different Y's because of the assortment of classes. My fav is Southdale, but I live closer to MN Valley (B'ville). Before work I go to DT Mpls...
    I like Southdale because they have racquetball, but I'm not sure I'm crazy about how the new fitness floor is laid out. It just seems weird to me. Plus they don't have an indoor track & my kids are too young for the treadmill yet, so there are less options for them.

Hey, that's a good question for this group: Which other Twin Cities Y's have indoor tracks besides Coon Rapids?
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Eagan (Southwest) has an indoor track
  • plumgardenia
    plumgardenia Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm member of the YMCA in Austin.
  • gaveruz
    gaveruz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I go to YMCA by Northtown, Coon Rapids/Fridley
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I go to the Y in new hope, and they have an indoor track.