Protein Drinks

Options
I am trying to find a liquid protein that I like. So my questions are, where do you usually purchase yours and what kind do you like? Thank you so much.

Replies

• lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    The only ready to drink (RTD) protein shakes that I like are Premier Protein (30gram protein for 160 calories) I buy it at Costco, $25 for 18 servings they come in either chocolate or vanilla. It was recommended by my program and many people in my support group also drink it.

Other ones I know of, but are not my favorite but if I need are the Isopure (not to taste) but 40 grams of protein for 160 calories that you can buy at the VItamin Shoppe or GNC they are about $4+ per bottle, if you havent had it before. There is also Pure Protein I think its about 30 grams of protein also for around 150 calories these can be found at Trader Joes or at vitamin stores. And Muscle Milk I dont remember the info for them but these can be found at Target and most major supermarket chain stores as well at Vitamin Shoppe/ GNC/ vitamin store.

Hope that helps some!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I don't use the pre mixed ones. I like Nectar Chocolate Truffle and Nectar Fuzzy Navel. Unjury is good too. I buy mine online usually and get free shipping. I usually can get the big jug of Nectar brand for $34.99.
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    love Nectar products like lemonade and fuzzy navel. I get tired of vanilla and chocolate flavored drinks quickly so these provide a nice chnage
  • Meli0808
    Meli0808 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also use the premiere protein from Costco ... I used them prior and after surgery , Love them . ... I use chocolate
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I used Premier for about 3 months and got a metal taste in my mouth. Then I started using NuTek Pro 5 and Vitasport. I have had no problem with after taste and there is alot of protein in them. Keep in mind when using a product that has a lot of protein it need to have several different kinds of protein so that your body will use it all.

Also there are several websites that have different ways to dress up your protein so that you don't gett bored. One to try:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/06/my-favorite-protein-shake-recipes.html

Once you get going there is no stop to the creativity. Also later when you don't want shakes all the time there are other sources of protein like Quinoa. Good luck.
  • neurorat
    neurorat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have tried quite a few and right now I am mixing a scoop of Unjury Chocolate into chocolate muscle milk. Super thick and 40 grams of protein in 12 oz.
  • MissyI30
    MissyI30 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I buy the premier protein chocolate and vanilla from sam's I don't have a costco they are the best I think for rtd. I ordered the nectar whey brand in the powder the choclate truffle and vanilla I didn't really care for the other flavors but there are lots of them to try. You can get samples of these online. I mix the chocolate truffle with PB2 in unsweetened almond milk.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Syntrax Maxtrix Mint Cookie. I order it online.
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Finding a protein drink that I could actually get down was the only thing that was difficult for me post-op. I finally found 2 that I liked.: Isopure Zero Carb ready to drink (I add a little bit of water) . You can get thiese at GNC or Vitamin shop. Also, for a powder I drank Unjury Vanilla or Chocolate with skim milk. Available online only. *** My dietician gave me great advice: always use a blender or better yet a magic bullet for powdered protein*** it really makes a difference.
  • Libb3C
    Libb3C Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love Matrix Mint Cookie also - drink it every morning and look forward to it :)
  • Cyan777
    Cyan777 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Some like muscle milk lite rtd, I think its a bit too sweet for me but the taste was ok. I personally love ON 100% Whey Extreme Chocolate, it's pretty good for a powder.