Hi I'm new today

Been on Jenny Craig for a year and at my halfway goal, but will my body let me get past that 72.2 hell No! it's holding on for life itself, today was weigh-in day and yet again the same answer, although just before Christmas it went just under I ran around the house like a mad person, short lived, but I'm going to get there with help from you all.

Marion

Replies

• AnnInTexas
    AnnInTexas Posts: 75 Member
    Welcome Marion!!!

That's what happened to me awhile back... I got to the 60 lb mark and that was it.
    I got so frustrated that I was spending time going to appointments, buying the food and that scale just didn't budge -- I think that's why I eventually gave up.

You know, I think you - your body and your mind - have to be in the right place at the right time for it all to work. Let's all help each other out getting over those proverbial humps!

Ann
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 894 Member
    Hi, I'm desperate and thinking of joining JC. I used the diet years ago and I was only able to get through one week of it as I didn't think it was enough food. Now, I'm even heavier and can't seem to start counting calories or eating right. I need a kick-start to make me do this. Do you think I should join? I'm kind of lazy right now when it comes to dieting. Any thoughts are appreciated as I know it's expensive and don't want to waste money.
  • AnnInTexas
    AnnInTexas Posts: 75 Member
    Hello Mel!

I too struggle with the amount of food you get in a meal with JC... so I totally FILL UP on salad along with everything!
    I mean a BIG salad. Lots of lettuces, maybe a cucumber slice or two and a couple of tomato slices.

For dressing I buy 0 calorie Raspberry Vinegarette and mix it with Kraft FF Italian. Sometimes I'll a couple of seasonings, like Cayenne Pepper to the dressing to give it a little kick. If it's too bitter, you can add a packet of Splenda. Super delish!

Plus you really need to take advantage of the between meal snacks. I'm on a 1200 calorie meal plan... when you figure the average JC meal is 300 calories or less, that gives me an extra 300-400 calories I can spend on adding salads to my lunch and dinner, and morning/afternoon snacks.

Frankly I think the JC snacks are a little pricey, so I buy low cal fruit cups, yogurt, 100 calorie snack packs, puddings, etc.

Believe me, you can fill up.

I truly believe this program works -- at least it has worked for me. I just need to buckle down and follow it better!

Ann