states of mind that trigger you.

Options
newhabit
newhabit Posts: 426 Member
Been thinking about states that trigger overeating. The ones we think of first are depression, anxiety, loneliness. But there are others that may not come to mind right away - boredom for instance. Not a strong emotion, but still triggering. anger at an individual or self - maybe ashamed because you gave in ... Another challenge is to think of states of mind that are triggering to you but not to others. Even having a good day or week and "celebrating" can set it off.

Replies

• ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Boredom is a big trigger for me. I agree there can be a lot of mindsets/and moods that trigger individuals.

A few others:

Disappointment, Anxiety, & Guilt.
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Boredom, for sure. I think that's my number one trigger. And lonliness. I also want to eat when I have something I need to do but don't want to do, like I want to avoid it. I'm a big procrastinator. It makes no sense because I'm going to have to do it eventually but it's definitely a trigger.
  • llerelgin
    llerelgin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    For me is more a week before my period. I just feel like eating crunchy and salty stuff every day. It sucks. I need to focus on stopping when this happens. Not easy:frown:
  • viola343
    viola343 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    my triggers are other people's control. relationships with others. forced attention to other things. sometimes when my attention is being pulled in different directions
  • viola343
    viola343 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    when I get afraid