Yia Yia's-- Kansas City Area

Options
laserturkey
laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
For people in the Kansas City area, I am happy to report that Yia Yia's Eurobistro is FANTASTIC for gluten free people and for people with any sort of special dietary need. They will modify ANYTHING and they KNOW their stuff.

One waiter in particular recognizes me when I come in and remembers I am vegetarian and GF. Yesterday I had a cobb salad minus the chicken/bacon and a fantastic tomato-basil soup. When they bring out the bread and baba ghanouj, they will bring me a separate plate of cut-up veggies to use as dippers instead of the bread. They will bring me my own individual plate of baba ghanouj if I ask for it, but generally my husband and I just have a dividing line in the one plate and he keeps to his side with the bread.

They do gluten-free pastas and pizzas, and have a number of other dishes on the menu that are naturally gluten free. If there is a salad you want but the dressing has gluten, they will gladly recommend another dressing to use instead.

Plus, everything there is expertly prepared, and delicious.

Just let the waiter know right up front that you need to avoid gluten, and they will take good care of you.

(ALSO, if you have a Costco membership, you can buy $100 in Yia Yia's gift cards for 80 bucks. We do that and I just keep them in my purse to have on hand if we decide to go there.)