Welcome! Please introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• fatboi81
    fatboi81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Sean, my wife and i have started our life change in Oct. of last year. It makes it easier having a spouse trying to make the same changes in their life. My motivation is my beautiful wife and my two kids . I would like to look back and know that i as a father had done everything i could possible do to be here for them as long as i can. I started out at 222lbs the most i have ever weighted in my life. Over the past 5 months i have lost 36lbs and my goal is to be at 170lb and like you Mike evaluate myself once i get there. We started out riding bikes a couple days a week, than we got a membership to Gold's Gym last month and have been trying to stay with good routines. For all the guys out there if you ever need some good cardio and want to try something new, try the spin class that Gold's offers. My wife talked me into it and i'm just going to say i did the class two days ago and my legs are still are trying to get it back together. I guess our new goal is try and get ready for a 5k in march called "Color Me Rad". It looks cool but i'm not very much into running but it"s another way to challenge each other together.
  • MikeC0679
    MikeC0679 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey Sean! Welcome to the group! Very nice motivation and congrats on losing so much! I was never into running either... I honestly thought people that liked to run were just weird. lol. Is that color me rad run one of those Color runs where they toss colored corn starch at you? I want to do one of those and the "Zombie Run 5K" at some point soon. :)
  • fatboi81
    Options
    Thanks man, yeah that's exactly what the run is about. There was one Virginia Beach coming up but its sold out so she wants to try and get ready for either the one in Charleston, SC or Richmond, VA in the following months. I'm sure if I told her about the zombie run she would be all about it. Mike do you or anybody else in the group know if there are any Crossfit gyms or groups around our area. I seen there was one in Wilmington but that's to far for weekly workouts.
  • katb25
    katb25 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm Katherine and I live in Jacksonville (borderline Richlands). I turned 40 this past year (*gasp* .... still find that hard to believe cause i still feel in my 20s). I've struggled with my weight for what feels like forever. A friend turned me on to this site back in Oct and I'm loving it. I've lost 31 lbs so far. Still got some ways to go but it doesn't feel so out of reach. I'm feeling truly committed to making a healthier me.
  • MikeC0679
    Options
    Sean - I haven't heard of any, sorry. The Zombie run is out in Charlotte, here's a link:
    https://www.thezombierun.com/location/charlotte

I know there is a CKO kickboxing place on Piney Green that I'd looked into, but we're trying to steer clear of having to pay dues. Link to that one is:
    http://www.ckokickboxing.com/jacksonville.html
  • MikeC0679
    Options
    Welcome Katherine! I see that you're already onboard with our monthly challenge, way to dive in head first! Congrats on your weight loss so far, that's AWESOME! And I hear 40 is the new 20 anyway, so play as young as you feel. :-D
  • fatboi81
    Options
    Ok thanks, I looked up the zombie run and it sounds like fun. We might just do that.
  • pinkstay
    Options
    Hi All! I'm Katherine and I live in Jacksonville (borderline Richlands). I turned 40 this past year (*gasp* .... still find that hard to believe cause i still feel in my 20s). I've struggled with my weight for what feels like forever. A friend turned me on to this site back in Oct and I'm loving it. I've lost 31 lbs so far. Still got some ways to go but it doesn't feel so out of reach. I'm feeling truly committed to making a healthier me.

HEY neighbor :smile:
  • MikeC0679
    Options
    I think we may all be neighborish on that one. I'm in Jacksonville, but only about 5 min from the Richlands line. :-D
  • katb25
    Options
    :smile:
  • katb25
    Options

HEY neighbor :smile:

Hey Chica! :happy:
  • lil_misca
    lil_misca Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! My name is Melissa and I am 29 years old living on Camp Lejeune, NC! I have a three year old daughter, Kaylie, and my husband is currently deployed to Afghanistan. It feels like I have been battling my weight since I got out of High School, when I stopped team sports. I love going to the gym, and am trying to get one of the personal trainers from the gym to help me out soon. I believe I am obese, and it has been really hard for me to loose weight. I am very short, 4'11 and was 183 when my husband left in early January. I have been dieting(using this site constantly, and using the weekend method as one of my guilt free days). I have since lost 11 lbs, but I want to loose so much more. This is the most that I have been able to loose in a long time, and I can't even put a number on how much I want to loose, because I don't want to bring myself down. I feel like I NEED to, that this much weight on my body is only hurting things and will only give me more problems when I grow older. I am trying to get some of the wives around here to do the Dirty Girl mud run in Raleigh in March. I think that would give me a super boost of confidence.
  • MikeC0679
    Options
    Welcome, Melissa! Great job on your accomplishment so far! I completely understand the "I want to lose SO much!". I've found it helps to make step goals. 215, 210, 205, 200, etc, etc. Ever small step is a success that should be celebrated! :)
  • kdmbennett
    kdmbennett Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Krystal. I live in the Swansboro area with my husband and our many fur children. I really just started and have lost about 4 pounds. Have around 100 to go. Currently working hard to exercise and eat properly so that I can be much healthier.
  • MikeC0679
    Options
    Congrats, Krystal! And welcome to the group! The first step was a huge success towards your future successes! :smile:
  • collinshc
    collinshc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am Charles, pushing 40 and live in new Bern. I am struggling to get myself healthy so I can keep up with my 9 year old daughter! I want to begin to feel more positive about myself and my appearance. My diet attempts have been discouraging but I am not going to give up! I have about 70 pounds to my goal and am trying hard to eat better and exercise more.
  • MikeC0679
    Options
    Welcome, Charles! Sounds like you have great motivation for being more healthy! My youngest 2 (boys) are GO GO GO!, but my daughter has started to get more into Tween zone (she's 11 1/2), so showing THEM that you "can't stop, won't stop" should help them be motivated to never slow down (I hope!)
  • pinkstay
    pinkstay Posts: 61
    Options
    Sean - I haven't heard of any, sorry. The Zombie run is out in Charlotte, here's a link:
    https://www.thezombierun.com/location/charlotte

I would be willing to train for a zombie run... that would have to be fun!!! although i have never really ran in my life except when they made us in gym class in high school (shudder)
  • 8675309roller
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I'm Jenny. I'm not originally from Jacksonville NC. My husband is stationed here on Camp Lejeune. My goal weight is <150 lbs. I started at 225 three weeks ago, and I've lost 17lbs already. I really just want to get back to my pre baby body :D My husband has been really encouraging, and he's my workout partner. We changed our lifestyle after my father and my father in law were both diagnosed with type 2 diabetes :( What an eye opener!!! I realized that it's a simple choice really, to stay healthy. We spend at least 2 hours a day, 5 days a week in the gym. We also cut bread, pasta, soda, and most dairy (Except greek yogurt :D) from our diet. I feel amazing already. Thanks for inviting me to this group!!
  • MikeC0679
    Options
    Heya Jenny! (Nice song reference!) Great job already on your weight loss and it seems like you guys have a pretty solid plan going forward! Thanks for joining us!