When is there time to workout?

Options
I had my first baby almost 3 months ago. I have 37 more pounds to lose (lost 7.7 in the last 2.5 weeks with this app). I have been eating healthy and staying within my 1200 calories although one day a week I allow myself more "bad" food so I don't go nuts. But I have had zero time to workout. Baby girl takes up all of my day and evening and I'm wondering if you guys have any recommendations for quick effective workouts? Just something to get me going. I wanted to buy some workout dvds but I just won't have the time now. I am very very out of shape :( Help!

Replies

• krim12
    krim12 Posts: 102
    Options
    You could try adding small amounts of exercise through out the day. I like to do squats if i have to stand at the stove. You could do a couple of mins of stuff and it will add up by the end of the day.

Also a lot of ppl on here count things like house work as exercise and thats how they get more in.
  • nrbrake
    nrbrake Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I know this thread is old, but I just came across it and thought I'd throw out there that 1200 calories a day while nursing is NOT enough. I was over weight when I had my first baby and the doctor STILL advised that I take in a bare minimum of 1800 calories a day. I will say there was a lot of time I didn't eat anything but I was very sick after having her. You might speak with your doctor about a healthy calorie goal if you haven't already. Anyways, just food for thought and congrats on the baby!

Good luck!!
  • TaraRyaz
    TaraRyaz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think that getting moving it small ways throughout the day is important. I've filled my netflix queue with work out stuff, but I never actually do any of it. For me as a SAHM I got an elliptical cause I figured it was the main thing I would use at a gym so why not cut out the middle man (and the car ride, the baby sitter, the expensive membership & at least 1 hr time block I would need for transport/workout/shower, and cute gym clothes) so I love being able to hop on that thing for 15 minutes if that's all I have to spare. At this point I use it every single day! Of course this takes $ and space.

I breast feed and I use that time to do leg lifts, toe points, ect.
    I dance around the house with my baby every day for at least a few songs. It's exercise and it's fun & it's good to expose the baby to all different types of music!
    I clean pretty furiously.
    I walk a few miles every day with my daughter in the stroller & she loves it & will point at the door demanding I take her on walks now that she's older!