Replies

• daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Very well said, liberty girl.
  • SailorSarah311
    SailorSarah311 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I recently heard that Chik-fil-A made a statement that they no longer give money to these hate groups. I don't know if I believe it though. Ever since I heard what they did I have chosen not to eat there. I used to eat there all the time, but it was very easy for me to be like "forget you."
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I recently heard that Chik-fil-A made a statement that they no longer give money to these hate groups. I don't know if I believe it though. Ever since I heard what they did I have chosen not to eat there. I used to eat there all the time, but it was very easy for me to be like "forget you."

They still fund groups that are "pro family" even if they no longer fund groups that support repairative therapy. And as we all know, "pro family" is right-wing code for "anti-homosexual." So, they still don't get my money when they're just going to turn around and use a part of it to make my life harder.
  • Brandification
    Brandification Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hopefully in MY lifetime, we will be able to look back on gay marriage issues the same way we look back in shame at the way our country treated African Americans.

I've said this for years! I want my kids to someday read about this in history books and find it as ridiculous as I find racial discrimination.
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    OMG...there is actually a Chik-fil-A ad at the top of this thread right now.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Yeah my boyfriend and I won't go there, or to Waffle House (If we end up at waffle house we normally donate to a pro LGBT group that day).
    Being a vegetarian, it's pretty easy for me to avoid them... but man... with all my political stances I can't go anywhere.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Yeah my boyfriend and I won't go there, or to Waffle House (If we end up at waffle house we normally donate to a pro LGBT group that day).
    Being a vegetarian, it's pretty easy for me to avoid them... but man... with all my political stances I can't go anywhere.

What's interesting is you'll hear that as an argument against boycotting frequently, or at least I do.

"What are you going to do? Just stop going to places that don't agree with you? You won't go anywhere"

I think the simplest solution would be to have businesses get their f'ing checkbooks out of political causes. They can disapprove of me being married to another man all they want, and it won't affect my buying decision, but the minute money gets involved...
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm thousands of miles away from the nearest Waffle House, but I like to eat there when I travel to the south. Do they support anti-gay organizations?
  • SailorSarah311
    SailorSarah311 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

They still fund groups that are "pro family" even if they no longer fund groups that support repairative therapy. And as we all know, "pro family" is right-wing code for "anti-homosexual." So, they still don't get my money when they're just going to turn around and use a part of it to make my life harder.

That's a good fact to know. Thanks. I doubted that they completely stopped giving to these people.