How much is everyone eating?

So I'm only 4 days in to really giving this thing a real go, but I've found I just can't eat enough! MFP said my goal should be 1500 calories to lose 2lbs a week, then I changed my profile since I'm exercising 5 times a week instead of 2 and it put it down to 1200 calories.
However, I'm not really an unhealthy eater (mainly a wine drinker which is the problem) so I've found that I actually only am eating around 1000 calories a day when I put in my "normal" eating patterns.
I've got friends telling me what they have done to lose weight, but most of them are a lot shorter than me, and I know that makes a difference.
Excited to hear from other girls my height as to what calorie intake is "normal" to lose weight. And maybe some tips for some snacks to increase my calorie intake healthily? I'm slowly starting to stalk as many food diaries as I can to get ideas too :)

Thanks ladies in advance!

Replies

• hollyday11
    hollyday11 Posts: 14 Member
    I let MFP calculate for me and I am at 1790. I started at 1850, but it dropped after about 10 pounds. I am losing at this amount, so I am going to stay with it. I was on WW about a year ago and they had me on 1500ish. I thought I would die :-).
  • bogden78
    bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
    I want to lost 2lbs per week and initially set my exercise at nothing. MFP set my calories at 1340. After I lost 10lbs. it recalculated and I was at 1200. When I had lost some more I changed my info to exercise 6 days a week and my cals went up to 1280.
  • CandiSki
    CandiSki Posts: 57 Member
    A lot of people confused about how many calories they need to eat find that reading this is very helpful: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

I am eating around 1600, but I just upped it form 1200 last week.

I hope it helps you out.
  • Sylkwyrm
    Sylkwyrm Posts: 75 Member
    MFP put me at 1200 calories but I usually burn 250-300 every day with exercise so that is about 1500. I still often end up going over my calories by ~100 but still loosing weight.
  • Lsteedly85
    Lsteedly85 Posts: 76 Member
    I shoot for weight times 10, and usually up it by 200 according to the workout programs I follow. This week I have really focused on eating clean so going beyond the required mark has been super hard. All day I am eating, it is crazy!!! My pants are looser and the holiday weight gain has almost subsided. Crazy the difference between 1400 clean calories vs unhealthy ones.
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    When I was losing weight = 1200 cals a day, and I ate back my calories after working out.
    Now that I'm strictly maintaining = 2,000 cals a day, but usually eat about 1700.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,096 Member
    I'm eating between 1,250 and 1,300 calories a day. I am aiming for fat loss (and lifting heavy to make sure this happens!), so this *is* a deficit, but it's working. I've lost about 15 lbs since end-of-September! I figure I might have 10 more to go....although, we'll see when I get there.
  • I'm eating between 1000 and 1200. I have stopped losing weight. My dietician told me to increase my calorie intake by 200 on days I exercise. I don't know how I am going to though. I struggle with the 1200. I have gluten issues and I am lactose intolerant plus a picky eater.
  • hollymartin90
    hollymartin90 Posts: 57 Member
    So I'm only 4 days in to really giving this thing a real go, but I've found I just can't eat enough! MFP said my goal should be 1500 calories to lose 2lbs a week, then I changed my profile since I'm exercising 5 times a week instead of 2 and it put it down to 1200 calories.
    However, I'm not really an unhealthy eater (mainly a wine drinker which is the problem) so I've found that I actually only am eating around 1000 calories a day when I put in my "normal" eating patterns.
    I've got friends telling me what they have done to lose weight, but most of them are a lot shorter than me, and I know that makes a difference.
    Excited to hear from other girls my height as to what calorie intake is "normal" to lose weight. And maybe some tips for some snacks to increase my calorie intake healthily? I'm slowly starting to stalk as many food diaries as I can to get ideas too :)

Thanks ladies in advance!
    mfp put my ideal calories a day at 1500 to lose 1-2 pounds a week but im pretty sure thats what I used to do anyway(damn you slow metabolism!)so i changed it to 1000-1200 a day depending if im exercising or not and am on average losing about 1-2 pounds a week now.