Do You Belong to a Gym?

Options
scottyg70
scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
Does anyone belong to a gym and if so, which one? We joined HealthTrax and really like it, but curious as to other gyms in the area.

Replies

• lilnach
    lilnach Posts: 42
    Options
    I hear HealthTrax is great! .. way back when I went with my fam one summer
    I go to Anytime Fitness
  • scottyg70
    Options
    Where is Anytime located? I don' t think I've heard of it. I've got a buddy who's a trainer at one of the gyms in Providence, but can't remember which one.
  • been2boston
    been2boston Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I go to the Pawtucket YMCA. It's alright- nothing special.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I'm not part of a gym at the moment, I'm thinking of joining planet fitness in Johnston. I have some friends that go there already, so that would motivate me to go lol
  • scottyg70
    Options
    It is a motivator if you're spending money! Plus it gets you out of the house and the best part is you can't ditch on a workout. Meaning, if you worked out at home you can always find a project around the house to distract you. Once you get to the gym, the only thing to do there is work out! I also love the group classes like Spin or Boot camp.
  • Figs318
    Figs318 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was at the Planet fitness in pawtucket, but seeing as my place of employment has a gym here already I cancelled my gym membership for the free gym here at work.
  • scottyg70
    Options
    I actually work at the base in Newport and my building is right beside the gym. But I joined a gym so my girlfriend and I could go together. I'm thinking of starting to go to the base gym a couple times a week during lunch and then HealthTrax my usual three days I'm going now.
  • Figs318
    Options
    I usually go to the gym here 5 days a week during my lunch hour. Makes it easy to fit into my schedule. My wife has her own gym membership, due to our conflicting schedules its easier for us to go on our own than together. Wish i didnt live an hour away from my work....
  • scottyg70
    Options
    I drive about the same distance myself, which is one of the reasons I joined a gym closer to home. I need to get motivated enough to start going here at lunch. It's doable, they give us an hour, three times a week that we can work out, plus the 30 minutes for lunch is plenty of time to do something.
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I go to the Maxx Fitness gym in Providence...its great. cheap and has a ton of machines
  • Figs318
    Options
    I drive about the same distance myself, which is one of the reasons I joined a gym closer to home. I need to get motivated enough to start going here at lunch. It's doable, they give us an hour, three times a week that we can work out, plus the 30 minutes for lunch is plenty of time to do something.

Scotty I agree with you 100 percent. If you have the oppurtunity to work out at work why not right.. Especially if you are going to socialize during that time. Might as well get some benefit from the time you have.
  • scottyg70
    Options
    Luckily I don't socialize during that time. My office controls all computer access at our command, so we usually get students and staff who come in during lunch with problems. There's four of us here, one who regularly goes to the gym, so I'd be leaving the other guys hanging (they usually always eat at their desk) to deal with IT issues, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over that either LOL. I don't think I'd get any push back if I started going. It's just making that walk to the gym in that cold Newport wind I need to psych myself up for!
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I just switched to Boston Sports Club and so far I really like it. The $50 join fee sucked, but now its $19.99 a month...you just have to bring your own towel if you want to shower. The classes are really good and a lot of them, like Burn, I am really sore the next day. Its pretty clean and I usually can find a machine, expect for that moment at 5:30pm when everyone is wanting to run. Luckily...theres always classes at that time.
  • merchantmarine
    merchantmarine Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bridge to fitness in middletown RI
  • Flex_MonTigO
    Flex_MonTigO Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I go to YMCA. I think it is amazing for the cost. I have a Olympic size swimming pool, full size basket ball court, Racket ball court, Rock Climbing, every necessary tool for body building, spinning room, great clean locker rooms, and a Sauna. I think YMCA is more than just alright.