moms who want more kids (eventually)

Options
......ever feel like theres no point in getting back in shape just to become a post partum mess again?

Replies

• jayneybop
    jayneybop Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! This has been holding me back from losing wieght for 2 years now. But this year I'm going to turn it around and get slimmer and fitter ready for trying for another :-)
  • Bunniculette
    Bunniculette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    THANK GOD I'm not the only one!! I kept sabotaging my diet with the "why bother?" mentality. I was skinny for like 5 seconds before #1, I lost 70 lbs and BAM, gained a bunch of it back during pregnancy. I know the thinner i start out for baby #3, the better off we'll both be but it's still kind of a bummer
  • HollySmith22
    Options
    I am with you! We have been trying for baby #2, without success. I have gained over 15 pounds since I had our first and am thinking this may be part of our problem. I have decided to suck it up and lose the weight...then I will for sure get pregnant....right?!?! (crossing fingers...)
  • getfitLiss
    getfitLiss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The thought crossed my mind for a second but i hate feeling out of shape and I realized that if i don't get close to my pre pregnancy body before my next pregnancy, i will have twice as much work to do (actually probably a lot more than that) when I am done having kids. I have even pushed myself to do pregnancy yoga and light exercise throughout my pregnancy to make getting back in shape fairly easy. It's rewarding to know i've made "bouncing back" a bit simpler by making fitness my lifestyle.

Keep at it! you'll be glad you did!!
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I couldn't wait to get my old body back after delivery. The puffiness and the jiggle didn't make me feel good.

Plus, I wanted to prove to myself that I could lose all the baby weight. I also wanted my husband to be proud of me for being healthy, and I wanted him to be proud to have a hot baby-making wife :)

I want to start my next pregnancy lighter and in even better shape. I'm looking at it as a challenge! And like getfitLiss said - I don't want to have twice as much work to do after the next one!
  • shrinkinc
    shrinkinc Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I only half heartedly tried to lose the weight after my almost 3 year old was born. I was already 50 lbs over weight and gained 40 lbs with her. I lost 20 lbs and then waffle between the next 10 gaining and losing them again and again. I wish I had tried harder because it's so much harder to work full-time and try to find the time to exercise with two instead of one. Luckily I only gained 20 lbs with my son (ended up at the same weight I was with my daughter when I gave birth). At my high weight I had 90 lbs to lose, now I've got 63 lbs to go (baby is 12 weeks old). If I had done what I am doing now I probably would only have 20 - 30 lbs to go....
  • LauraB987
    LauraB987 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a 2.5 year old and a 6 month old and knowing I was going to have another was really what kept me from working out between these two. I don't think we are having another, yet it is there in the back of my mind that we might still take the plunge. I am only getting older and I know it is only going to get more difficult to get back in shape the older I get, third kid or not.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I gain a lot of weight after my pregnancies. I got pregnant with #2 right after #1 turned a year old and had to buy a whole new set of maternity clothes because I was bigger starting out with #2 than I was at 9 months with #1. When #2 turned one, I had 35 pounds to go to get back to pre-maternity (and 60 pounds to my goal weight). I don't want to think about what I'd look like if I had a third baby without getting back into shape. I'm not sure they make maternity clothes that size :)