Welcome to all the new peeps!

Options
Coolhand1969
Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
Welcome to everyone from my fresh round of "recruiting"! Feel free to post anything health/fitness related here, especially if it has a local Indiana slant, or if you just need help with something on the site. There are a few of us that have kept this group somewhat active, but I'd love to see it get really active. If we can get enough active people, I could envision having some local activities for all of us Indy MFP peeps (possibly a group during a local run, or just a group of us going for runs occasionally or something like that - or whatever you want to suggest).
Again, welcome, and please contribute!! Don't be shy! :)

Replies

• hoosierteacher1
    Options
    Thanks for the invite...good idea
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    Glad to be a part of this group! Anyone else participating in the Shamrock Run in March?
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Glad to be a part of this group! Anyone else participating in the Shamrock Run in March?

Haven't heard of it... can you post a link? We had a thread for area runs last year, you might want to start a new one and post it there... (titled "Indy runs 2013" or something like that maybe)
  • BFarnsworth
    BFarnsworth Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hello ... It's nice to see more people who hate Indy weather! I'm doing the Shamrock beer run in broad ripple. Not the one downtown.
  • mhk0719
    Options
    I will post a link. I've participated the last couple of years. Didn't realize Broad Ripple had one going on, too!
  • jenspears31
    jenspears31 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite!!! Would also be interested in doing a run!!
  • LivingJuicy
    LivingJuicy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you for inviting me! I'm not a runner, but I walk a mean 5k!
  • mhk0719
    Options
    Thank you for inviting me! I'm not a runner, but I walk a mean 5k!

Love that! :) I call myself a "wogger". I am currently training for my 3rd Half Marathon..where I will be quick wogger. ;-)
  • mhk0719
    Options
    Here's the link to the Shamrock Run:

http://indystpats.com/
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new to the group, I would love to meet some local Indy friends for support. I have a long ways to go and am far from participating in a run but I would like to eventully get there!! Please add me as a friend if you like, I would love to get to know some locals. I have been a member of MFP since 2011 and have logged on and off, but just recently starting hitting the forums and trying to meet new friends for motivation. thanks and good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • shershack
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! The more inspiration and motivation, the better. This losing weight and getting healthy stuff is hard work but worth the long term outcome. :tongue:
  • ksyn22
    ksyn22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the invite!
  • res83151
    Options
    Changed my weigh-in day to Friday. That gives me Monday thru Thursday to burn off the weekend beer. new to mfp this week from WW and I feel like tracking is more accurate now. Impressed with the food data base here. This weight loss journey can be very frustrating so patience and persistance is key. Good luck to all
  • marylowery2
    marylowery2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am new to the group as well. Looking for support in Indiana. Feel free to friend me.
  • Pettygirl
    Pettygirl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the invite! Hello everyone! ♫ :smile:
  • bethann0316
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am not new to MFP but as of today, this group. I have been a member of MFP since Original date of March, 2012, lost 20 pounds, then got a case of the stupids...and totally left. Rejoined in September 2012 and have dropped more weight but have been diligent ever since. Anyone feel free to add me as a friend...we are in this journey together.
  • Scorpeo
    Options
    Thanks for the invite, I didn't know a group like this existed.

I've been doing MFP since Jan 2012, have only lost about 20lbs, but I've fallen off the wagon a few times ;). Can't beat myself up about it, I'm human, a human who loves food. I do log everything though, and it's the holidays that get me.
    Clients always bring us good eats, and it's hard to say no.

I can't wait until better weather so I can go walking on the Monon again. I will usually walk after work, and that can be anywhere between 6-7pm. I am in Broad Ripple, so if anyone wants to walk around at that time let me know. Having more people will keep us all on track :-).
  • thenewchiz
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for the invite. I'm not only new to the group, but new to Indy! In the process of moving to the area from Philadelphia.
  • mbutler131
    mbutler131 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for the invite. I like to walk in 5K's.
  • misundrztood
    Options
    Thanks for the invite. I would be in the 5K walking group too. Sounds like fun