Nutrition Motivation

Options
Everyone needs a little... or a lot of motivation when trying to make a change!

Post some motivational articles, nutritional facts, diet ideas, or just some inspirational words to encourage our group to keep going, push through, and meet our goals!

Replies

• snrichardson081
    snrichardson081 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For "most" people it takes about 3 weeks to break or make a habit!!!

Some steps you can take to increase your chances of success...

- Take small steps. Don't try to do everything at once. (So, instead of "I'm going to exercise every day," start with "I'm going to exercise twice a week.")
    - Only try to change one habit at a time. (Instead of "I'm going to quit eating junk food, start exercising, and go to sleep at 10 p.m. instead of 2 a.m.," start with "I'm going to quit eating junk food.")
    - Write down the habit you want to change, and write down specific plans for achieving that goal. (Rather than writing "I will exercise," write, "I will start walking 30 minutes twice a week, on Monday and Thursday, and I will wake up at 7 a.m., so I can walk before work on those days.")
    - Repeat the behavior you're aiming for as often as you can. The more a behavior is repeated, the more likely it is that it will become "instinctive."
  • snrichardson081
    Options
    Great nutrition video on BeyondDiet.com

Some "realistic" food suggestions and nutritional facts for losing weight and maintaining a healthy diet.
    This video has been very helpful for me! Check out the link below!

http://www.beyonddiet.com/landing?food=blueberry&gclid=CPjNspeDgbUCFXCmPAodNU8Asg
  • snrichardson081
    Options
    Check out the ACTIVE App if you haven't already! It's great for finding fitness events around you; 5ks, 10ks, marathons, etc.