Foot pain. Stress fracture?

Options
So before anyone tells me to go to the dr....stress fractures dont show up on xrays until they start to heal (i.e. 2-4 weeks). Been there. Done that.

New problem: Been running a lot. Not increasing mileage too much month to month, and hover around 100 miles per month. Yesterday morning, walking down the hall way, my foot started to hurt. Pain is located on the second metatarsal. Didnt think too much of it, my toes hurt occasionally because hammer toes. I ran 3 miles at lunch yesterday and had no pain at all. Yesterday afternoon nearly no pain until later in the evening.

Today: foot hurts like hell to walk on. bone hurts to touch. BUT, it does not hurt to run.

Question: I have a 5K this weekend and a half marathon (my 3rd) next weekend. When do I start getting worried about this? If I went to a dr now, nothing would happen before either of these two races. They wont be able to see a stress fracture if there is one. But since its only day 2, and it doesnt hurt while I run, is it really an issue?

I dont want to make it worse. But I dont want to give up on races I have signed up and paid for either. Any advice?