New and hoping to be 100% raw very soon

Options
HI Looking for friends and support. I'm getting ready to turn 25 and Im currently in the wrong shape of my life. I'm a mom and looking to do a 360 with my health. Any advice and support you can give please feel free and add me :)

Replies

• danikanoodles
    danikanoodles Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on making a great health decision ! I've lost over 40lbs from going vegan and raw. Best thing I've ever done.

I will send you a friend request. If your not sure how to eat, take a look at my food diary. I try to post as much as I can but I switch back and forth from here and cronometer
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    my best advice for going raw is to keep it simple. avoid fancy raw recipes that use 5 different kinds of nuts or seeds and tons of other stuff. it's fine once in a while, but for every day it's just too complicated and can be hard to digest. also, don't depend too much on dehydrated items. it can leave YOU dehydrated.

also, i think you mean a 180. 360 will put you right back where you started!

enjoy the journey :o)
  • ladykendrick24
    Options
    lol yes your right. Also I hear many raw foodies say you need to eat a lot like 2500 cals is that true?
  • danikanoodles
    danikanoodles Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    2,500 is a good spot to be at. I've heard it called the 'sweet spot" Less than that and most people begin to crave cooked or high fat. I started off raw with that amount and learned I needed more.
  • ladykendrick24
    Options
    Nice :)