Protein Bars

Options
dkellly
dkellly Posts: 3 Member
I'm 9 weeks post op. Was wondering what protein bars do you recommend.

Replies

• horses7777
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein brand ones, or for a few less grams of protein, the Oh Yeah ones, (which you can buy in bulk at Costco).
  • dkellly
    dkellly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein is what I like too. Buying them from Coercion they are less than $1 a bar. Quest bars are better for you ingredience wise but the texture gets me. Also the quest bar may not go down easily yet. It was after a year or more before I could eat a texture like the quest bars.
  • actg95
    actg95 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like Metragenix - sold online or at GNC. They seem to taste better to me, and the bar is 30 grams of protein, which i like.
  • themommyiwannabe
    themommyiwannabe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I eat Met RX.
  • sara7860
    Options
    shirleygirl91 ....have you tried heating them for 10 seconds? Makes it much much better plus that's what I was told to do with them when I bought them from my health food lady.
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I buy the Pure Protein bars at Costco.That is the only bar that my dietician says is ok because it is Whey Protein. They are very dense and filling. I actually have one every morning for breakfast with apple slices.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are good but for a long time I could only eat 1/2 a one cause they are dense. Think Thin bars are good too. My fav right now is Power Crunch! I love them. I have one everyday M-F for my afternoon snack. I buy them by the box full at Vitamin Shoppe when they are on sale for $15.99 and then have a 20% coupon also. Makes them like a $1 a bar.
    Alot of people like Pure Protein but I haven't tried them. What I usually do is just buy one each of brand/flavor before buying a whole box of them. Bariatric Advantage has some out and they are nasty tasting! I got some free samples of them at our Bariatric Walk.