New crossfitter in the UK

Options
stargeek
stargeek Posts: 6 Member
Hi everyone :)

I am in Essex, UK. Just finished my 2nd week of crossfit foundation. 6 sessions so far and loving it.

It is a really new box, just opened so I have been very lucky to be having 1 to 1 sessions mainly.

I need to do a lot of work mentally, I set my self up to fail and think I can't do stuff just because I don't get it instantly. And seeing as all of CF is new to me then it feels like lots of 'I can't do this'

But the good is I have tried it all and pushed myself more than I ever have before. Before Sept 2012 I hadn't done any form of exercise or healthier eating. I started at a regular gym with some running and weights but got bored, and this is where CF has come in. No chance of getting bored really!!

Weight wise I have nearly reached what I thought was my goal, but typically now here all I see is more work. But I am also moving away from the food to the fitness, which I think (for me) will be a healthier thing

I also have to get over lots of fear, fear of making a fool of myself, being the slowest and weakest. But the main thing I am there and trying (I need to start believing this!)

If anyone else is newish and would like to chat let me know :)