My Favourite Quote

Options

Replies

• CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    New to this group. LOVE it! So many great quotes. A true treasure trove!
    I'm always looking for short phrases that I can say to myself when I need encouragement. In my opinion, what you put into your mind is just as important to success as what you put into your body

Currently I use:
    Victory, not defeat!
    I can do hard things!
    I can. I will. I must.

Thanks all for the great new ideas!
  • cadamchik
    cadamchik Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Kevidona wrote: »
    Here is my favorite quote: The 6 P's "Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!"

This is great! I've heard similar but not his one.
  • constellation709
    constellation709 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If you do what you've always done you'll get what you've always got.
  • Heidbummer
    Heidbummer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    "Hard" is fighting cancer.
    Going without milk in your coffee is not "hard"

(It is for me though)
  • IronLogan30
    IronLogan30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im a harry potter fanatic, but Ive found that quotes have all sorts of meanings.
    one of my all time favorites would have to be.

"Of course it's in your head, but why on earth should that mean that it's not real"-Dumbledore

Working out and eating healthy is a mental game, and people seem to think that its all that easy, well if it was all that easy I wouldnt have been over weight all my life. YOu have to be in the right mindset to do such things, Ive done diet after diet through the years and ended up quitting. But now I have the right mentality to turn everything around
  • honeynutloop
    honeynutloop Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Im a harry potter fanatic, but Ive found that quotes have all sorts of meanings.
    one of my all time favorites would have to be.

"Of course it's in your head, but why on earth should that mean that it's not real"-Dumbledore

Working out and eating healthy is a mental game, and people seem to think that its all that easy, well if it was all that easy I wouldnt have been over weight all my life. YOu have to be in the right mindset to do such things, Ive done diet after diet through the years and ended up quitting. But now I have the right mentality to turn everything around

Love this. Had forgotten about that line. Thanks for reminding me.
  • EvieEmDash
    EvieEmDash Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    LaNetsah wrote: »
    Just wanted to share my favourite quote with everyone. Hope we can start making this group more active.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do."
    - Marianne Williamson, A Return To Love

Hope it inspires you :)

Yay! Thank u, I really want to read that book
  • honeynutloop
    honeynutloop Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Finding Nemo: "when life gets you down, you know what you have to do ... just keep swimming, just keep swimming ..."
    Pops into my head when I think about stopping a workout and also if I'm going through tough times generally - has the added benefit of making me smile which helps with the tough times.
    I know, I'm a big kid!
  • rcarr111
    rcarr111 Posts: 1
    Options
    Great Quote
  • irunforpizza
    irunforpizza Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My favorites:
    "Don't feel stupid if you don't like what everyone else pretends to love." -Emma Watson
    "Crooked wood burns well." (German saying)
    "Some quit due to slow progress, never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress."
    "Don't be afraid to sparkle a little brighter."
    "Summer bodies are made in the winter."
    "Running can't change the past but it can help shape the future."
    "Good things come to people who work their a**es off and never give up."
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Losing Weight isn't the key to happiness....
    Happiness is the key to losing weight :smiley:
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    Options

"FITNESS is like a Marriage you can't cheat on it and expect it to work."
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Heliconia wrote: »
    I like " Hunger is not an emergency." By Jillian

LOL Love it!
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I am finding lots of quotes that I like...this is one of them...

David Viscott
    You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    When one approach is not working to reach the desired goal, that's not a reason to abandon the goal. Instead, it is time to devise another approach.
    Ralph Marston quotes
  • jannaivey
    jannaivey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I had heard the first two sentences of it before, but never the rest. It's beautiful and so true.

Also, I'm new to adding people on MFP and supporting each other, so feel free to add me if you want guys! The more the merrier. We got this!
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Don't wish for it, work for it!
  • Zoom_over
    Zoom_over Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • HongJayYeol
    HongJayYeol Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The relationship between journalists and politicians. ¨One pretends to ask question and the other pretends to answer them¨
    ― Me
  • noonansnook
    noonansnook Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You don’t need perfection just do a little better then you did the day before