Have you ever seen or met any of the queens?

Options
Share your stories and/or pictures!

Now, I live in Florida, close to Tampa and St. Pete where there are a lot of clubs with a lot of drag shows, so I've been lucky enough to see quite a few of the girls.

Alexis Mateo and Alisa Summers both live in Tampa and perform at the Humburger Mary's here every week, so I see them weekly. I only have one picture with them for some reason, though, and it isn't even a good picture, but whatever.

tumblr_mfx6gg5uKh1qasid6o1_500.jpg

Shortly before All Stars started, I was visiting New York City, and before I left for my trip, I saw that there was an All Stars even in Philadelphia. Literally, within about twenty minutes of finding out that it was happening, my best friend and I had bought our tickets without even knowing how we were going to get from New York City to Philadelphia! But there was a bus and we took it and it was great. That night, we saw: Tammie Brown, Shannel, Pandora Boxx, Jujubee, Raven, Mimi Imfurst, Yara Sofia (the love of my life), Alexis Mateo, Manila Luzon, and Michelle Visage. IT WAS THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE. I WAS SO OVERWHELMED. SO MANY AMAZING QUEENS IN ONE PLACE, OH MY GOD.

I was able to get a picture with Manila
tumblr_mfx6u3bscV1qasid6o1_500.jpg
(this is like, one of my favourite pictures ever. Right before we were about to take it, I said "Can we pretend like I just said something really funny and we're both laughing at how hilarious I am?" and it turned out SO CUTE. I LOVE IT.)

And Yara
tumblr_mfx6wwCxkl1qasid6o1_500.jpg
(I was DYING at this moment. It's no secret that Yara is my favourite. I am in love with her. I am attracted to her. I would do all sorts of things to her if she would let me. This was my first time seeing her in person and I was drunk and I was touching her and I had actually just touched her butt -- and it's such a nice butt, oh my god, and it's very firm, too. So I look crazy in this picture. I kind of was crazy. I don't care. I love it so much.)

Here are some other photos from that night:

5d4c7aaa1ae711e29a5322000a1de2bc_7.jpg
Look how prepared we were! I asked for SO MANY $1 BILLS AT THE BANK, THE PERSON PROBABLY THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY. But we wanted to tip all of the girls!

a5bcb9161b1011e2ba9922000a1f9c9a_7.jpg
This was me before the show. Can you tell how excited I was?!

72615c1a1b4d11e28a2e22000a1fbc67_7.jpg
YARA PERFORMING.

45becf261b4d11e2ad6322000a1cdb13_7.jpg
Ms. Luzon.

d33af6ce1b5a11e2827612313814176c_7.jpg
Jujubee!

e69921181b4c11e2b97522000a1d038b_7.jpg
Mimi and Pandora during the obligatory Mimi-picks-somebody-up moment of the show.

So yeah, that was basically the greatest night of my life.

Then (back in Florida) I saw the fabulous Sharon Needles

c947a72e263711e2a3d822000a1f9be5_7.jpg

SHE'S AMAZING AND I LOVE HER SO MUCH. Meeting her was one of my favourite moments of my life. It was shortly after Halloween, and I had just dressed up as her and thought I did a pretty decent job...

tumblr_mfx6zo50F31qasid6o1_500.jpg

Pretty good, yeah?

Anyways, I decided I was going to show her, so when I got to her, I had the picture pulled up on my friend's phone, and the second I showed her, she barely even glanced at it and she grabbed me and told me that she had already seen it online and that she LIVED for it. She just showered me with praise, telling me about how everyone who had seen it loved it so much and that I almost won the Sharon Needles costume contest (which I didn't even know existed!!!) but all I was missing was white contacts, and if I'd had those, I would have definitely won. It was just so amazing. And then she hugged my friend and I and was like "My baaaaaaabieeeees!" while hugging us -- which is why now my friend and I refer to Sharon as our mama. Kind of a weird inside joke, but I love it.

tumblr_mfx721byAs1qasid6o1_500.jpg
Love her.

Shortly after that, we went to Orlando to see Jujubee, Shannel, and Phi Phi O'Hara. It was kind of a letdown because the place was really crowded and I couldn't see much of the performances at all, and then my friend wanted to leave right after because she had to work early, so we didn't get to meet them either. It was still fun, though!

Then we saw Raja! (I keep saying 'we'. When I say 'we' I am referring to me and my best friend/roommate Whitney. From now on, I'm just going to refer to Whitney as 'Whitney'.) I went with Whitney and one of our friends who actually paid for us to have VIP with bottle service. So it was three of us and an entire bottle of Absolut. Um. Yeah. I was very intoxicated.

fe610b02319b11e2a63622000a1e9a50_7.jpg

So amazing.

But since we had VIP, the club promoter actually brought Raja up to our little area and she just sat down and talked to us for a good like, 10-15 minutes. It was incredible. I don't remember much of what was said, but she was so nice!

tumblr_mfx74g7Cm91qasid6o1_500.jpg

And after her second performance of the night ,we took individual pictures. All I really remember was that I was drunk to the point where it was not cute at all and I was wearing stilettos and Raja was also drunk and when I went to stand next to her, I stumbled against her and then she stumbled against me and it was just messy, but I loved it.

tumblr_mfx756Ixg51qasid6o1_500.jpg

After that, we saw Latrice. She was wonderful and super nice!

tumblr_mfx76kmMCt1qasid6o1_500.jpg

And then Manila came to Florida!

2da2375a3b6b11e2b2dc22000a9f14bd_7.jpg

tumblr_mfx782ADwo1qasid6o1_500.jpg

She's so lovely.

And then I saw the amazing Nina Flowers.

d559e7a64bfe11e28e2d22000a1fbe71_7.jpg

I CAN'T EVEN WITH THIS ONE. She's SO INCREDIBLE. Her outfits, her performances, MY GOD. And she's so incredibly nice, omg. I went to take a picture with me and she hugged me and was like "you look so gorgeous!" and I was like "omg so do you" and just, ahhh, I love her a lot!

tumblr_mfx7axl04p1qasid6o1_500.jpg

I saw Pandora after that.

49b14dd4517b11e2aaa222000a1fb843_7.jpg

cba725b2579711e28e1522000a1f9a99_7.jpg

Pandora is SO FUNNY and lovely. I met her, but the club took the pictures and they STILL haven't posted them on their Facebook page even though it's been an entire month. I'm starting to get a little annoyed.

And two weekends ago, I saw Alaska.

e4df50ec5c7711e2b9d422000a1fa429_7.jpg

5cc747905ceb11e281cb22000a1f9a0a_7.jpg

fc7cc48065bb11e2864822000a9f09cf_7.jpg

SHE IS SO DELIGHTFULLY KOOKY I love it. And she was so nice, too.

2aa6d93e5c7c11e2b6c722000a9d0edd_7.jpg

She told me that I looked pretty and then we briefly talked about Jinkx and she was like "I love Jinkx so much, she's become a true friend to me" which I thought was really sweet because I LOVE their friendship and have begun to call them the Alaskan Monsoon because that's just so perfect.

I might be seeing Detox next weekend -- I just need to decide if I want to drive to Orlando or not. She was very close not that long ago, but I missed it because I didn't even find out that it was happening until it had already happened and I was really upset, so I think I might make the decision to make the drive. And Sharon is coming back on the 8th! Unfortunately, Honey Mahogany is also going to be here that same night, but I'm going to have to choose my mother over her. And I'll be seeing Manila again on the 16th.

WOW this ended up being really long with way too many details, I'm sorry! But anyways, if you have stories, I want to hear them!!!

Replies

• andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am so jelly of you, just saying! one day i hope with alot of hard work and i can be as FABULOUS as those beautiful ladies
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    OMG...I have no excuse for NEVER seeing a real drag show then....I live near San Francisco for Pete's sake! I have to go....so exciting. I wish I could go on the drag cruise...that would be so much fun!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Wow, Wow, Wow...

I have to say that your one of the most LEAST boring people on MFP.

And you make it so fun for me to be here. I personally loved the pic of you and Yara, and the pic of Yara performing with the neato belt.

We do have some shows here. And some belly dance friends bug me to go with them. I'm always too tired. But darn it. This year, Im not going to miss out!

When am supposed to watch Ru Paul on TV ??

What night and channel again?? Is it the Bravo Channel?? But what night. Okay, going to do some research during my lunch hour... Just in case you don't see this question. I don't want to miss it! So I can blab about it with ya!

Cool!
  • HiKaren
    Options
    Oh and I liked your nurse costume! :smile:
  • Aw, shucks! I swear, I'm really not all that interesting at all ;)

You all need to get yourselves to some shows! They are SO MUCH FUN (and pretty addictive, once you start going to them!)

Drag Race is on Logo at 9PM on Mondays! (And online on the Logo website the next day. And replaying on tv pretty much all week long.)

Guys, I finally took a decent picture with Alexis! Last night! It's about time! She's so sweet and she always calls me gorgeous ("Hi, gorgeous!" "Good to see you, gorgeous!" etc.) and I JUST LOVE HER SO MUCH.

tumblr_mhju0ltkH51qasid6o1_500.jpg
  • SuperCork
    SuperCork Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of Alexis' drag (I think she's very put-together, of course, but just not my cup of tea), but I LOVE her personality, even "BAM!"
  • I agree, her outfits don't usually excite me much, but her makeup is flawless and I think her strongest thing is her performance. GIRL. CAN. DANCE. She's so energetic and so much fun to watch and honestly one of the best performers that I've seen! Plus, she is really genuinely sweet and funny. Love her.
  • I saw Sharon Needles last night! She was faaaabulous. She performed four songs off of her new album (This Club is a Haunted House, Dead Girls Never Say No, Drink Till I Die, and Every Day is Halloween) and she was so great. She's so crazy. She bit off pieces of a dollar bill, chewed them up, and then spit them out into the crowd, she was handing around a bottle of some sort of liquor for people to drink from, she spit some beer out on us a couple times. She talked about Alaska a little bit, and she was like "she's on season 5 and she's doing terrible so far!" and then she talked about the photo challenge and was like "It's not that she can't swim, it's that she can't sink. Because witches don't sink!"

I took some pictures!

2215be00727711e2b46022000a1fb37a_7.jpg

fe279bec72c311e2ae9922000a1f9b71_7.jpg

Then there was the meet and greet!

There were SO MANY PEOPLE THERE and like, I got in line as fast as I could but there ended up not being a 'line' and just a lump of people and people were gettin' in front of me and I was just like whatever, and Sharon was taking forever because SHE LIKES TO TALK A LOT and they were trying to hurry everyone along but Sharon just took her time. Anyways, they started out doing like, individual meets and photos but when it finally got to me and my friend, they were lumping people in to groups (same as last time I met her) so I was just like okay whatever.

Anyways, I really didn't talk to Sharon all that much because right away, my roommate started talking to her and said she loved the album and Sharon asked if she had a favourite song, she told her that she loved Disco Ball and then Sharon went on this long thing about how Disco Ball almost didn't end up on the album because she wasn't sure if it really fit the character of Sharon but then she started listening to more pop music and a lot of pop singers all have songs that don't seem to fit them etc. etc. etc she seriously went on and on and on about this hahaha. But um, I bought a physical copy of her album and got it signed, and then I mentioned that I met her last time she was here and that I had dressed up as her for Halloween and she was like "Oh yes! I remember you!" and it was just so lovely and then she started rambling about how she always seems to remember the people in Florida and blah blah blah (seriously she talks SO MUCH) and the people were trying to rush us away so they could move on to the next people, but then Sharon signed my friend's poster and she wrote "I'm your disco ball" on it (since she mentioned that that was her favourite song!) and drew some hearts on it (and she's a really slow writer, too. Like, every letter took her a good five seconds or so. I'm pretty sure she was very intoxicated though, hahah.) And then we took a really quick picture and it was very awkwardly positioned so it probably didn't look good (but this is the same bar that I met Pandora Boxx at in December and they STILL haven't posted those photos, so who knows when I'll get my Sharon photo!)

Anyways, then we were leaving, and Sharon hugged me and it was a really, really, really tight hug that lasted for quite a long time, and she called me her baby (again!) and it was really nice and ahhh I LOVE HER SO MUCH.

a5952832727d11e294a422000a1f9874_7.jpg

My signed CD!

It's funny because I've seen/heard people say that Sharon is a b*tch multiple times and I don't understand it because she is one of the NICEST queens I have ever met. (Her and Alaska are both so nice! I just want to hang out with both of them IT WOULD BE SO LOVELY.)

So if any of you ever get the opportunity to see Needles, DO NOT PASS IT UP!

Honey Mahogany was also in town last night, but her show started at 11 and I didn't get out of Sharon's show until 11:30 or so and my friend was tired so she decided to just go home, but ohhhh welllllll.
  • Guys, I hope you don't mind me sharing my stories every time they happen and I hope it doesn't come off as me like, bragging or anything? Because I'm not, I just get really excited and want to share!!!!!!

But I met Nina Flowers again last night!

She was flawless. Last time I saw her, I just watched from the balcony thing in the club, but this time, I actually went down to watch her up close and it was so wonderful. She's so wonderful.

tumblr_mibloiIIUY1qasid6o1_500.jpg

It's really difficult to get a decent picture of her because she moves around so much so fast!

And then there was the meet and greet up on the balcony thing and my friend and I went up there as soon as she was done performing (it was SO LATE and we're SUCH OLD LADIES and we wanted to HURRY UP AND GO HOME AND SLEEP) and when Nina came up, she walked by us, stopped, looked at us and was like "HI!" and we were like "HI!!!" and then she went to go take pictures with people.

She really is honestly SO. SO. SO. SWEET. Like, she greets everybody right away with a hug and it's wonderful. So when it was my turn to take a picture with her, she hugged me and was like "Hello, gorgeous!" and I was like "Hi!" and then she was like "Oh my god, you're SO gorgeous!" and I was like, dying inside and I was just like "omg thank you! so are you!!!!" and we took our picture and I thanked her and she thanked me, and then she told me that she loved me! She was just like "I love you!" and I was like "bye, I'm dead now" (I didn't say that, I was just thinking it) and then she kissed me on the cheek and hugged me again and I left. So like, it was a really quick interaction but it was SO AMAZING because SHE'S SO AMAZING and I can't even.

tumblr_mibubxm9Og1qasid6o1_500.jpg

I'm in love with our picture (except for that dang hanger strap hanging out of my dress! I usually cut those things off right away but it was a new dress and I was in a rush when I was getting ready! UGH.) But I like it a lot better than our old picture (even though I like that one a lot too!) and just eeeeee I LOVE NINA SO MUCH.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    GUYS I MET JINKX I MET JINKX I MET JINKX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And um, if you've seen anything I've ever said, I think it's pretty obvious that I LOVE HER SO MUCH SO MUCH SO MUCH OMG I LOVE HER SO MUCH OMG OMG

ANYWAYS I went to her show and my friends and I paid for a VIP table so we had a really great spot and it was awesome and she performed and she sang live and she sounded SO GOOD and she was so adorable and I kept handing her money lolol like I'm not even kidding when I say I probably gave her AT LEAST $30 in 1's I HAVE NO REGRETS and she was so adorable, after her first number she was like "Thank you! I can finally afford groceries to feed my children!"

tumblr_mjdqv3DMdl1qasid6o1_500.jpg

That was right after her first number.

And Alexis Mateo was there and performing too and she talked a little bit and talked about how she had met Jinkx in Seattle two years ago and she was so sweet and she was so proud of her and she was so talented and she thought she was great and it was super cute. And then during Jinkx's second number, Alexis kept tipping her and yeah, just super cute.

And for her second number, Jinkx performed "Roxie" from Chicago, but she changed it to "Jinkxy" and it was awesome and then she danced and UGH SO PERFECT. And like, there were a bunch of drunk weirdos in the crowd of course, and a lot of the drunk weird dudes like to get kinda physical with the queens, y'know? And this one guy kept like, trying to feel Jinkx up, and when he did it, she was like "OKAAAAAAY" and skipped away from him and then some dude tried to kiss her and she was like "EW!" and skipped away from him and just omg so presh.

tumblr_mjdt83G1GE1qzw3qpo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mjebf7FXAX1qasid6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mjeb3d65zF1qasid6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mjeb7w03i61qasid6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mjebbaXn4L1qasid6o1_500.jpg

And she was like "I can get some new narcolepsy medicine!" when she was collecting her tips from her second number. And then she talked a little bit about being in Florida for her first time and how she was scared to leave her hotel room because she didn't want lizards jumping on her heheh and then the show ended so my friends and i ran to where the meet and greet would be

I was so nervous waiting for her to come out omg I didn't even go talk to Alexis when I saw her because I was just like I'M ABOUT TO MEET JINKX OMG

And my friend and I (well, mostly me, but that's not important hehe) made Jinkx a gift. Since she's a theatre queen and has expressed her dreams of being on Broadway and winning a Tony and coining the term 'dragstress', so we made her a Teeny Tiny Tony!

10sd4xj.jpg

I was so proud of how it turned out so I was really excited to give it to her but also super nervous!! Anyways, she came out and I basically died (also, it should be noted that at this point in the evening I was slightly intoxicated) and there were a few people in front of us and I heard her to her Little Edie impression and I heard her laugh and my heart was just exploding because OH MY GOD I LOVE HER SO MUCH OH MY GOD

anyways, OH! I forgot! A couple weeks ago, my friend, Whitney ordered Jinkx shirts for us from her webstore and we got them and all was good, and then this week, a random package arrived in the mail from Jinkx and she had accidentally sent Whitney another shirt! And Whitney sent Jinkx a message on Twitter telling her that she could give it back to her if she wanted and Jinkx responded with "sure honey. Or you can keep it! Our mistakes are really just serendipitous fortune for you. :P"

Anyways, Jinkx's assistant, Kenny (who is also one of her 'sons' who helps with merch and whatnot) was there, selling stuff and whatnot and while we were waiting to meet Jinkx, Whitney talked to him a little bit, telling him that she had got an extra shirt and he was like "Yeah, I saw that!" and then they somehow ended up talking about the cruise and he's gonna be on it and we just talked about how we were excited for it and it was so far away blah blah blah and omg guys KENNY IS REALLY ADORABLE BUT YEAH ANYWAYS

so it was our turn to meet Jinkx so Whitney and I went up to her together and um, Whitney told her that she had gotten the extra shirt and Jinkx was like "OH YOU'RE THE ONE WITH THE EXTRA SHIRT!" and she was like "Yeah, you can just keep it, you don't have to give it back!" and then we both introduced ourselves and Jinkx shook my hand and repeated my name and soehgisoeghsegh and um yeah so then Whitney was like "We made you a present!" and she got the Tony out of her purse and our friend, Michael was with us and he took pictures of the whole thing so instead of telling you her reaction, I CAN JUST SHOW YOU

tumblr_mjdtljClmp1qasid6o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mjdtljClmp1qasid6o3_1280.png

tumblr_mjdtljClmp1qasid6o4_1280.png

tumblr_mjf7d1ncjI1qasid6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mjf7d1ncjI1qasid6o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mjf7d1ncjI1qasid6o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mjf7d1ncjI1qasid6o4_1280.jpg

But omg she was so happy, she was like "A TEENY TINY TONY!!!!!" and a bunch of random people started taking pictures of her with it so she was posing and like, acting like she had just won a real Tony and it was so adorable and then she handed it to Kenny and she pulled both me and Whitney into a hug and was like "You have no idea how much that means to me" and it was so sweet omg she was so happy and it made me so happy and we were like "it's just temporary until you get a real one" and she was just like "Thank you so much" and yeah it was really great.

And then we talked about the cruise because we told her we booked under her and she was like "I've never been on a cruise before!" and we were like "Neither have we!" and she was like "I've never even been on a boat!" and we talked about how excited we were and how much fun it was going to be

I feel like we talked about more but I can't remember anything but then Whitney took a picture with her and Jinkx asked if I wanted to get in the picture and I was like "Oh, no, I'll get an individual one" and she was like "Oh okay I understand" and then I took a picture and Michael wasn't using the flash on his phone so Jinkx was like "I think I see it flashing on his end but I don't see the flash on our end so I don't know if the picture has been taken!" And then I hugged her again and she was like "It was so nice to meet you, Kayla" and I basically died.

tumblr_mjf8a01fJ31qasid6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mjf8mcGJ3R1qasid6o1_500.png

Michael took two pictures but I can't decide which one I like better!!!!!!!

And then Michael went to talk to her, but at that moment, some drunk ladies decided to talk to me about how cute I looked and how nice my hair was and how they liked my makeup and how my outfit was so adorable and it was VERY FLATTERING BUT THEY WERE INTERRUPTING ME FROM JINKX TIME because apparently she told Michael that he could be a drag queen hahaa (and I've actually put him in drag before!!!!) and Michael told Jinkx to watch our Drag Race reviews online and she said that she usually doesn't watch reviews by people she doesn't know but "It's okay because I know you now!" (Although I hope she doesn't watch them because they're boring and I just fangirl over her a lot) and Whitney was like "Yeah, most of the review videos revolve around you" and Jinkx laughed a lot and then she said goodbye to all of us and then I cried in the back of Michael's car because I was so happy.

This is a really long ramble, I'm sorry, I'M JUST STILL SO EXCITED AND HAPPY AND SHE'S SO NICE AND I ALREADY MISS HER BUT SHE'LL BE BACK IN 34 DAYS WITH ALASKA AND I'M SO EXCITED I CAN'T WAAAAAIT.

Oh! And then I posted some of the photos of us giving Jinkx her Tony on Tumblr and Jinkx 'liked' and reblogged it (and she doesn't often reblog things!) so I think that means she liked it!!!!!!!

She makes me so happy it's kind of ridiculous.
  • HiKaren
    Options
    I had a feeling when I didn't hear back for a while, you must have been at some shows! OMG!!! How sweet to make that Tony Award. And how exciting to meet jinkx again, and Nina. Sounds like you had alot of fun.. Last time I was this excited at a show, our company was helping Billy Idol. And when I met Mick Fleetwood, my legs were like spagetti noodles..

Yay!! Nice pictures. Neat story!! :smile:
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    Even though I've already posted a little about this, I saw Jinkx, Alaska, and Roxxxy this past Saturday and it was really great and they were all wonderful. I met a girl on Tumblr a couple months back and she's basically Alaska's biggest fan and she didn't have a ride to the show, so I offered her one because it wasn't that out of the way for me and I always try to help people when I can. But yeah, it was her first time seeing Alaska, and Alaska knew exactly who she was and called her out in the crowd and it was really, really sweet. Alaska asked her to hold her beer for her and then she never took it back, so I ended up drinking some of it just to be able to say that I drank from the same can of PBR as Alaska... even though PBR is really gross, but whatever.

But yeah, Jinkx was really drunk but she remembered who I was and gave me lots of hugs and told me that the Tony I gave her was on her fridge like, five times (drunky drunky drunk.) She held onto my hand a lot. She asked me if I enjoyed the show and being the sarcastic a-hole that I am, I said no. But she laughed and played along with me which was great. I didn't get a chance to talk to Alaska or Roxxxy very much because I spent all my time with Jinkx, but I'm okay with that.

Anyways, when we were about to take our picture, I told them all to pretend like I just said something really funny and we were all laughing at how hilarious I am. And so this happened:

tumblr_mkvmhdqqON1qasid6o1_500.jpg

I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

(Obviously, I have the cropped version as my profile picture now, but I figured I'd share the full version with Roxxxy in it hahah.)

Here are some other photos I took:

tumblr_mkvicsL7xi1qasid6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mkwbxxDDM81qasid6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mkwbt8aAr91qasid6o1_500.jpg

Can I just say that Alaska is SO PRETTY in person? Like, this wasn't my first time seeing her but I must have forgotten how gorgeous she is because DANG. Also, she just got her lips done and they look fantastic.

tumblr_mkw225CXlg1qasid6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mkwcboLWpd1qasid6o1_500.jpg

Jinkx is really hard to take pictures of because she moves around a lot really fast and the camera on my phone isn't too great.

I didn't take any of Roxxxy, oops.

BUT YEAH IT WAS FANTASTIC.

I see Ivy tomorrow night! And next weekend, I see Jinkx, Alaska, Ivy, Roxxxy, Detox, and Coco! It's going to be very fun. So expect me to post about those even if nobody cares ;D

Oh! Also, I met Willam a couple weeks ago. It was really fast and I almost forgot it even happened, but it was still cool.

tumblr_mk5n2rN0az1qasid6o1_500.jpg
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    I'm going to babble about meeting Ivy :)

She was so much fun to watch her perform. She is SO TALENTED. She juggled, she balanced spinning plates on sticks on her face, she ate fire, she juggled knives... it was awesome.

tumblr_ml72wxZw7I1qasid6o1_500.jpg

And she is SO TINY. I mean, I knew she was small, but she was even tinier than I was expecting. So adorable.

I was the first person in my little group of friends to talk to her. I had a general idea of what I wanted to say, but I wasn't sure how to say it, but luckily everything happened perfectly :)

I hugged her hello and she told me that she loved my dress. I thanked her and told her that I had made it and she got all excited and TWIRLED ME to look at it and told me that it looked great. And then I was all “This is gonna sound so cheesy, but you’re such an inspiration to me with your designs and stuff blah blah blah blah” and I told her that I wanted to be a costume designer and then we talked about how badly we both want to do costumes for theatre (and that’s Ivy’s ~dream job~!)

She asked if I lived in Florida and I told her that I did, but that hopefully I would be in NYC soon and that I applied to schools to study costume design and she asked what schools and I told her and we both crossed our fingers and were like “Hopefully!” and she was so sweet and was like “I hope you get accepted!” and then we talked about how great Walmart is for learning how to sew and how we both took advantage of the cheap patterns and fabric there hahah and all throughout this conversation, at various points, Ivy would grab my hands (usually whenever we had a “Me too!” moment which was pretty often) and hold onto them. And gah she’s just so SO SWEET and I think we talked about more? I don’t really remember but we took pictures and hugged and she asked me my name and then she told me again that she hoped everything worked out for me with like, schools and costuming and stuff :”)

We took a cute normal picture

tumblr_ml6k9qDhZo1qasid6o1_500.jpg

And then we took a "pretend I just said something funny and we're laughing at how hilarious I am" picture

tumblr_ml6kdx5bZ71qasid6o1_500.jpg

I forgot to tell her that I'd be seeing her again next weekend, but luckily, my roommate did.

And seriously, she was just so so so sweet and nice and lovely and we had such a great conversation and I already loved her a lot but now I love her even more and just :") :") :") Like, no wonder Jinkx had a crush on her. I have a crush on her too.

Also, I tagged her in a photo on Instagram and when I woke up the next morning, I saw that I had a bunch of Instagram notifications and they were all Ivy. She didn't just 'like' the photos that I posted of her. No. She was liking photos that I had posted MONTHS AGO. Meaning that she was going through my Instagram! She even liked a photo of me in drag makeup so um... I guess she approves? Hahah but she's so perfect and lovely and I really can't wait to see her again this Saturday :D
  • HiKaren
    Options
    tumblr_mkvmhdqqON1qasid6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mkwbxxDDM81qasid6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mk5n2rN0az1qasid6o1_500.jpg

Like, Like, Like!:smile:
  • HiKaren
    Options
    tumblr_ml72wxZw7I1qasid6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_ml6k9qDhZo1qasid6o1_500.jpg

Like, Like!!! Tell her of Karen her big fan in Fresno California. I didn't know she does fire props. I do fire... Or DID fire. In the Fire Mystics... Sosi was my name. :smile:
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    So. My weekend. I'm going to post about my weekend now.

It was the White Party Weekend in Orlando and the place where everything was happening has a hotel attached to it, so my friend and I just got a room for the weekend.

On Friday night, we went to see Detox perform. We had reserved one of the tables up front and we were in our seats, waiting for the show to start, drinking our drinks, when all of the sudden, my friend reached over to grab my arm, muttering "Jesus take the wheel!" (I'm not even joking. That's what she said. She doesn't even remember saying it, but that's what she said.) I glanced behind us and about 2 rows of seats/tables directly behind us were Jinkx and Alaska. Actually, no, not Jinkx and Alaska. Jerick and Justin. They were out of drag and I couldn't stop staring. I wasn't the only one staring, though. They actually caused quite a fuss. It was entertaining. It was even more entertaining to be near them during the show. Whenever something funny happened, I could hear Jinkx screech-laughing behind me and any time she went to tip a performer, she would pass right by me.

At this particular venue, in order to tip a performer, you have to line up on either side of the stage. It's pretty weird. But when Detox began to perform, my friend and I jumped up to get in line to tip her, and we ended up right behind Jinkx and Alaska. The most exciting part about that was that after they tipped, they had to squeeze past me and there was touching and it was pretty cool.

After the show, people bombarded Jinkx and Alaska. I didn't want to bombard them, but because of our close proximity, we ended up in the mass of people. Alaska complimented my shirt. Jinkx blew us kisses. Then everybody got kicked out.

There was a meet and greet with Detox and it was very rushed and very quick, but she told me that she loved my shirt and that was cool. And I won't lie, I was pretty drunk.

2rmb893.jpg

Also, can I just take a brief moment to show off the shoes I was wearing the evening?

56312a6ca98111e2b45022000a1fb3cd_7.jpg

Yeeeeaaaah. And lol, Detox is still towering over me!

The next morning, my friend called as soon as the venue opened to try to reserve us a table again, but all of the spots were filled within five minutes. Seriously. So we went down to the club as soon as they opened the doors that evening to wait by the theatre doors to get a good spot. Another thing about this venue -- if you don't have a good spot, you can not see a single thing. I once saw Shannel, Jujubee, and Phi Phi O'Hara there, except I didn't see anything. There were people in front of me and the stage was below us and it is just a terrible set up. And so, since we wanted to see, we got there early.

When they let us in, we found that there were some open first-come-first-serve seats right up front. We got them.

The resident queens performed first, and then Ivy! She spun and balanced stuff, juggled knives, it was wonderful, she's wonderful and SO CUTE UGH.

3707c04aaa4b11e28df322000a9e48a8_7.jpg

It's really hard to take pictures of her.

And then Coco performed and she was fantastic. I took pictures of her but they're on my phone and my phone is in another room and I don't feel like getting it so, no Coco pictures....

And then Jinkx!! She sang a song from The Producers and it was adorable AND THEN SHE DID MALAMBO NO. 1.

88fdab18aa4a11e2924b22000aaa05e0_7.jpg

SO PERFECT.

And during Malambo No. 1, my friend and I were holding out money to her and she grabbed both of our dollars at the same time, smiling at us and waving. I wasn't sure if I imagined it or not, but later, I was talking to another friend who was behind us and she immediately said to me "Oh my god, Jinkx totally recognized you guys" and it made me really happy. (And upon watching the video of her performance over and over again, yeah, it's really obvious.)

After that, it was Alaska, and she was fantastic and hilarious as usual.

And then they performed again, but on a different stage outside, and there were SO MANY PEOPLE THERE and the stage was so large and high, they probably all felt like superstars.

But Ivy performed again, this time WITH FIRE and not only did she eat fire, SHE JUGGLED FIRE. OH MY GOD. SHE JUGGLED FIRE. I WISH I HAD PICTURES OF IT BUT I WAS TOO BUSY FREAKING OUT BECAUSE SHE WAS JUGGLING FIRE. IT WAS CRAZY.

And then Coco again and she was good.

And then Alaska! And she performed "Trannies are Fierce" which is wonderful and she was so great. And then Jinkx again AND AHHH SHE PERFORMED HER RICH B*TCH/SUPERGAY MEDLEY which is one of my favourite numbers of hers that I've only seen in videos and it's SO GREAT.

22670910aa8d11e293c522000a9f4d92_7.jpg

6ac19342aa8d11e2b71122000a9e28e1_7.jpg

And then Jinkx and Alaska did a duet together and it was awesome and they kissed????? Yeah. I mean, it was just a fast little kiss but it still happened and... I liked it. And yeah. Then we found where the meet and greet would be.

This meet and greet was literally the fastest, most rushed thing that has ever happened to me. I was prepared because it was really rushed for Detox the previous night, but I thought that MAYBE since there was four queens to talk to, they might give us A LITTLE bit of time. But no.

When it was our turn, my friend and I basically ran into the little meet and greet tent, and I went right towards Jinkx and Ivy and Jinkx immediately pulled me into a hug, telling me that it was so great to see me again. We took our picture. I turned to say something to Ivy (I actually had a lot I wanted to say to her) but the people running the meet and greet literally physically pulled me away.

I understand because there were SO MANY PEOPLE there and they wanted to get through everyone, but I was still a little bit sad. But as my friend and I were being rushed out, Jinkx yelled "I LOVE YOU" to us and it made everything okay.

We hung around to see if they would be available to chat once the official meet and greet finished, but they were all rushed away by the staff and it was late, so we decided to call it a night.

But early the next morning, I did talk to Jinkx very briefly via Twitter.

nwycz4.png

And throughout most of the weekend, my friend had been talking to Jinkx via direct message on Twitter. I can't EXACTLY say why but it did have to do with possibly celebrating a tiny holiday if timing allowed it (which it didn't and I'm okay with that!) But anyways, my friend told Jinkx how much we both enjoyed seeing her and that we would hopefully be able to make it to one of her Vaudvillians shows in New York this summer since we're moving there in the fall and it would be a good time to go apartment hunting.

Jinkx's response actually made me cry. It's really silly and I'm not even sure if I want to post the screenshot of it because I just feels really personal? BUT I WILL ANYWAYS.

2ufungh.jpg

(I know, it's not even that much but it's just really special to me.)

She also responded to one of my friend's tweets about the meet and greet being super fast saying that "next time we'll have to chat more!"

My last moment of fangirling came this morning. The venue posted the meet and greet photos late last night, and truthfully, I wasn't all that happy with mine. I'm not sure why (I saw it when I was sleep deprived and half asleep and grumpy so I just really didn't like it. I don't mind it as much now that I am fully awake and rested!)

tumblr_mlnsy6RZRq1qasid6o1_500.jpg

Anyways, I Tweeted it and Jinkx responded

msipg9.png

My heart is just so full of love.

I'm actually really sad because for the first time in months, I have no idea when I'm going to see Jinkx again. I mean, I'M SO THRILLED that I've gotten to see her as much as I have in such a short amount of time and that she knows who I am now. That makes me so happy. BUT I ALREADY MISS HER. And I also miss Ivy. Yeah.

But overall, it was a FANTASTIC weekend!
  • HiKaren
    Options
    Whoooh Hooh!! Niiice. And don't let go of those shoes!!! Those are barney bad-*kitten*.. You can always talk to them anytime you want on Twitter. :smile:
  • FantasticKitty01
    Options
    So my sister told me about this MFP group. I haven't been on here for months, because honestly, I lost my motivation and I was just out of it, but I was like, WHAT??? RPDR on MFP, new motivation! Especially since Season V is over and I'm left with a need for Ru-PaulNess... I've met Yara at Club 360 in Pomona. She smelled so freaking good! She is in my top 5 favorites. slot #1 though, belongs to Raven. I seriously have the hots for her. Anyway, looking forward to mingling with y'all.

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." -RuPaul
  • FantasticKitty01
    Options
    Girl, them shoes are SeXXXy.......
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    Yay!!!! A new person!!!! It's awesome that you're here! :D

Yara!!!! She will always be one of my all-time favourites no matter what. I have so much love for her. I wish she would come back to Florida soon so I could see her again! And I love Raven as well!