Petition For Mobile Access To MFP Forums Via App.

Options
pmason79
pmason79 Posts: 93 Member
I'm sure we all love MFP and are mostly happy with the service we receive, however as with most things in life there is always room for improvement. I think that if we could access the forums and groups via the app this would enhance my MFP experience massively. I have sent the question to the powers that be but I would also like to show that my idea is popular among the community. So if you agree and think this is something you would like to see could you please show your support by replying to this post giving your name and a reason why you think it would be a good idea.

Please spread the word with all your friends.

Thanks for your support

Replies

• Ian1993
    Ian1993 Posts: 70
    Options
    This is a great idea ... I find it hard at times to get on the forums due to time .. Would b a whole lot easier if we could get on this via the app .... Also the ability to chat easier as well maybe !! Great thought there mate hope they can sort something
  • Sambytheway82
    Options
    I love this idea :) x
  • darrenpclark
    darrenpclark Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im always updating via mobile as access to computer is hard sometimes with 4 little nippers about - so I'm in
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I'm replying via my phone, as I often do, to illustrate what a massive waste of resources that would be.
  • clairehepple72
    clairehepple72 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I agree. I can do everything on the app except look at the groups and forums. It is so frustrating. Hopefully they will change this sooner rather than later.:grumble:
  • DanTillson
    DanTillson Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    YES! I need this in my life with a new job where I can't access internet from a computer.
  • niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    On my smartphone......on the forums...... It wasn't too difficult to find mpf forums on Google
  • pmason79
    Options
    I'm replying via my phone, as I often do, to illustrate what a massive waste of resources that would be.

I know that its possible to access forums using the mobile browser but that's a very clumsy solution. Other websites that have forums do integrate access via apps and it is much more user friendly.
  • pmason79
    Options
    On my smartphone......on the forums...... It wasn't too difficult to find mpf forums on Google

im not saying its not possible, but app integration would be so much more user friendly. Why make do when you can make it better?
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    We need to remember this is free!! I'm just grateful for what we get. It's really not that big a deal using the browser to get on the forums.
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    We need to remember this is free!!

Apart from all the advertising, and the personal data (age, gender, location, eating and exercise habits) that they are possibly selling to every Tom, **** and Harry you mean?
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options

I am logging calories using pen and paper to illustrate what a massive waste of resource MFP is.

The point is that the app is probably one of the most used methods for logging. Having clean access to forums makes sense. MFP like any site has to evolve or die. Whether it's free or not is irrelevant.
  • pmason79
    Options
    We need to remember this is free!! I'm just grateful for what we get. It's really not that big a deal using the browser to get on the forums.

MFP openly ask for suggestions on how they can improve the service, I've thought of something and am just trying to gauge public opinion. I don't understand why people get the impression that I'm being ungrateful.
  • IronSmasher
    Options

I am logging calories using pen and paper to illustrate what a massive waste of resource MFP is.

The point is that the app is probably one of the most used methods for logging. Having clean access to forums makes sense. MFP like any site has to evolve or die. Whether it's free or not is irrelevant.

I agree. If you're only logging calories, it's a huge waste of even your time, pen and paper is far superior.
  • IronSmasher
    Options

MFP openly ask for suggestions on how they can improve the service, I've thought of something and am just trying to gauge public opinion. I don't understand why people get the impression that I'm being ungrateful.

I think it's because you used the word petition in the title, it sounds confrontational, like you're making a stand to force something to change by using numbers. A petition.

There's a forum for suggestions, where the very small and and stretched staff will read and note user suggestions. I've posted the link below to help.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/13-website-suggestions-feedback
  • daz_automatic
    Options
    I think it's a great idea. Obviously this website is free and the team behind it do a great job considering that the whole thing is just funded by those atrocious banner ads. If they launched a Kickstarter for this I would surely chip in some mullah :glasses:
  • HardRockCamaro
    Options
    I access all my other forums using tapatalk and while it's not horrible accessing this site (compared to some) on my iPhone web browser it would be easier via tapatalk.
  • pmason79
    Options

I think it's because you used the word petition in the title, it sounds confrontational, like you're making a stand to force something to change by using numbers. A petition.

There's a forum for suggestions, where the very small and and stretched staff will read and note user suggestions. I've posted the link below to help.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/13-website-suggestions-feedback

That makes complete sense I was thinking at the time petition doesn't sound right but I couldn't think of anything else at the time, my mind went blank. it does sound confrontational your right, not my intention.