Dresses

Options
bioheil
bioheil Posts: 72 Member
This thread is to post pics of our favorite dresses.

Replies

• mshopey
    mshopey Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    2d8ltg9.jpg

That's it. I love it so much, but as you can see, the model's about a size 6.
    I don't want to be that small, but i have a long way to go xx
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    ok screwed up the photo post before. hehe
    81nnalRRYtL_SL1500__zps5f5ecd92.jpg
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    I went to an afternoon tea wedding when I was 17 and I have always known since then that's what I want.

So I'm chuffed that high teas have become so popular.

We're planning a low key wedding for family reasons and our wedding may be no more than a cake & champagne reception (with high tea tiered trays) and taking everyone out for dinner.

I rather like this 2012-short-wedding-dress-013-2.jpg and fits in with the low key wedding.

Because the online store was selling for $120 with free postage I thought I'd risk that it may NEVER turn up (it's a China store & can't find any reviews etc) .. and see if I think I like the style. I'm thinking in the end it may be just like this dress Willow-3-320x480.jpg and that being the case I'm not sure I like that much lace.

Also I bought it 2 sizes smaller (I'm already almost a size smaller & have til September) .. and thought at a pinch I could use it as a "Trash the Dress" gown ... or even wear to the family dinner we plan after our afternoon tea lunch (think restaurant)
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    I just found out a trick for finding out where "knock off" sites got the original pics etc.

Down load the knock off picture .. go to Google images & click on the camera in the search box.

Upload the picture again and look for the different sites the dress is posted (and hopefully finding the reputable one).

I managed to find the dress is called "Avila Bay" from Dolly Coutour and have seen other brides wearing it. What a nifty tool ... hope that helps someone :)
  • ssime1980
    ssime1980 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Here is a picture of my dress!! I LOVE it!! It doesnt quite look like this on me...... yet!!

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y540/SMackenzie1980/A3526_front2_zpseda58d56.jpg

(cant work out how to put a picture on my post??!!)
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    Options
    Here is a picture of my dress!! I LOVE it!! It doesnt quite look like this on me...... yet!!

A3526_front2_zpseda58d56.jpg

(cant work out how to put a picture on my post??!!)

there ya go I THINK I did it right lol
  • ssime1980
    ssime1980 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you for that!!

What did I do wrong? I put it onto photobucket and then copied the code??
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    Options
    you have to copy the code that has link here then turn both IMG's to img lowercased
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    Oooh I'm just a little excited. The dress I ordered online has arrived. I just wasn't here to answer the door.

I doubted that I'd actually even get the dress... let alone receive it at such lightening speed. It will be interesting to see how good the quality is.
  • mshopey
    mshopey Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    2ppx89l.jpg

Got this one in the end, it''s a size 14 (i'm currently an 18).
    It's second hand but has been dry cleaned, and c'mon, it's gorgeous and designer.
  • bioheil
    bioheil Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    Ms Hopey, it's beautiful!!

How long til the wedding?
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love way too many dresses. I can't figure out which one to wear on the big day!

p7g5y.jpg
    This is my current favorite. It's an Allure Couture. There are FEATHERS in the skirt. I tried it on Wednesday. Can't stop thinking about it.

14o5f82.jpg
    Maggie Sottero's Presca Marie. I was absolutely certain this was the dress until I tried on the feather Allure. Now I am conflicted!

ipa7uw.jpg
    And this Vera Wang from David's Bridal. Doesn't look like much on the model. Didn't look like much on the hanger. But on an actual bride... wowza. It's a gorgeous dress. It would for sure be the one if it was strapless. Those shoulder straps did not do good things for the girls :/

ETA: My profile pic is me in the Allure.
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    I love your Allure dress HeyKaraoke ... it's very different but not so different that it's strange. (though I do think the head piece in the model's pic is a little zany).

It looks great on you too. Emphasises all the right curves.
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Destination wedding. :)

image.jpg
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    Oooh Spicy lovely!! ... will you go bear foot? .. It's very sheer .. will you be wearing a bikini under it? I can imagine how lovely it would be on a warm day. Just watch out for those sea breezes flipping it up in the air for your pics.
  • Bunniculette
    Bunniculette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i ADORE these dresses Miss Aurora!! They'e cute and beautiful!
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    6F1A9594-EF66-473A-B41F-1EDD88F568ED-7813-00000654655ACCB1.jpg

this is mine, it's 3" too short in the photo, i had to order it in a 64" length LOL i'm 6'0" and i'll be wearing 2.5" heels. it's by kenneth winston and i LOVE it. it has a corset bodice and it's just so pretty, i can't wait until it comes in and i can put it on again.
  • Bunniculette
    Bunniculette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love your dress F/Mrs. Davie! It's lovely!!! (Obviously I'm biased since my gown is a Winston too!!)