Weekly Chat 1/27 - 2/2

Options

Replies

• jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!! Nice to be half way through the week. Good news for the day, my weight has drifted back down some, but still up slightly less than a pound from my official weigh in last Saturday morning. Damn fun day gets me every week. Hoping to really kick it in high gear the rest of the week & see another loss for the official weigh in Saturday morning.

I love checking in on our weekly chats, it's nice to see everyone's progress & challenges. Nice to know I'm not the only one!! Everyone is so supportive & encouraging. Thanks everyone for being so great!

Babe - I'm glad to see you & your husband are working thru the financial hurdles. I'm sure everything will fall in place soon. I've been there, I was a single mom & had to work 3 jobs & use public assistance & whatever means neccesary to make ends meet. Even now that I'm married & with two incomes it is hard to keep things going. And with today's economy, you just never know when things could fall apart, we're always nervous about our job stability. You mentioned before tho that your husband is going to school, so I'm sure his hard work will pay off soon!!!

It's especially hard to stick to healthy eating with a limited budget. That has been one of my challenges, my food budget is strict, in fact, I've been trying to reduce my grocery spending. Surprisingly enough, I have been able to save about $50 a week since starting CTL. I think it really has alot to do with meal planning for the entire week & ONLY buying what I need & nothing more. I'm really doing a good job at not wasting food also. My husband thinks I'm a little OCD with the over the top planning & list making, but it really is keeping me organized & saving money & time. The first couple of weeks of CTL were trial & error, but I'm really getting a system down that works for me & it's becoming so easy now.

So, a long time ago, someone on MFP posted a super cute poem they wrote. I really liked it & saved it to look back on once in awhile. I thought I'd share it with everyone because it makes me laugh & who couldn't use a good laugh?! So, here it is:

I want to run and not jiggle
    Wear a slinky dress and not wiggle.
    I want to see light between my thighs
    And buy boots in normal calf size.
    I want to dance and have fun
    And not be "Right there - the fat one!"
    I want to still be rockin' skinny jeans
    When my kids are in their teens.
    I want to be fearless when I'm nude
    And have a charming, sunny attitude.
    I want to go on a cruise and lie on the beach
    And fly on a plane without buying two seats.
    I want to turn heads when I walk in the room
    To my husband, be the sun and the moon.
    I want a healthy, happy, long life
    And be a better mother, best friend and wife.
  • ChristinePechulis
    ChristinePechulis Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hooray for a HC day today! That's nearly as good as "fun day", IMO. :bigsmile:

It works out well, as I have lunch with friends scheduled for today. My weight doesn't seem to be budging much this week, but I am feeling rather hormonal, so we will wait and see what happens. Yesterday, I was craving everything under the sun and I'm not usually like that.

New recipe in the slow-cooker for tonight.

Hope you all have a great day!
    --Christine
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I was debating having a free meal tonight when we take my mom out for her birthday tonight. Now I am really debating but heading towards NO. I was shocked to lose 2 oz last week since I bloat from ovulation on. Tom due any day so I am generally way up. I stepped on the scale this morning and I am exactly where I was last Saturday (funday) I am expecting if I stay the course I will actually see a loss with tom. last week at this point in the week i was still up 2.5 from Funday. This week is astounding instead of a 5 lb gain like usual. I don't think I want to mess that up! I seriously about fell off the scale when I stepped on it. Sorry for all the girl talk here but i also notice pms is not as bad when eating more carbs vs. a super low carb plan.

I'm not sure where we are eating since Mom didn't want to decide. i had my guys write down their picks. I wrote them on slips of paper and will have mom pick a slip when we pick her up. I can order last so there will be no getting pushed at the restaurant but my mom will for sure push the cake I am baking her on me. I can freeze a piece for sat Funday.

Babeinthemoon I have my fingers crossed for you! So did you make it to jazzercise? It sounds fun!

Losingmybehind it sure is a learning curve :) I'm sure you are just bloated from the funday weekend stuff. Even if you are only down a couple pounds for the month in the end that is still EXCELLENT!!!! As a former low carber struggling to not fall off the wagon and have it roll over me I thought this plan was a dream. I like your last paragraph so much!!

UnoDrea great job staying on plan regardless of your schedule! yeah!
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!

So, I'm thinking that I may just be losing water weight but I'm loving my scale right now. On Monday I weighed in at 237 and today, just three days later, I weighed in at 232. Pretty exciting but I can't get too excited because my weigh in day is not really until Friday (my free day this week). We'll see my final results on Friday. *crosses fingers*

I'm going to start working out next week so I am bumping up my calories to 1500 LC and 1800 HC but I'm still only eating 2400 on my cheat days. The reason for keeping my cheat day the same is so that it won't hopefully effect my weight loss too much. BUT...I'm learning as I go so we'll see about that. My only issue right now is staying under my fat on the LC days. I can do lean meats but they still contain fat and I HAVE to fit avocado in. My life is just not same without my savory green fruit.

@Babe - I love how positive you are staying through it all and truly believe that everything happens for a reason. My Husband's and my motto every week seems to be "it'll work its self out". lol. I know..sad. lol Also, sometimes the best meals come from just the simple foods. Stay positive.

@JB - Congrats on your weight going down! I'm right there with you on the budget topic. We try to budget to spend $100/wk on groceries and actually some weeks we spend less than that. Given we are only a family of 2 1/2 (1/2=toddler) but it can be hard when we all like different foods and love fresh vegs/fruit.

@WIChelle - I'm sure once your body gets through its "issues", you will lose that weight in a snap! I would say "no" to the free meal as my dinner. Only because I wouldn't want that "extra" feeling before I go to bed. Just in general, I have found that if I eat unhealthy at breakfast or lunch and then load up on protein/veggies for dinner then the unhealthy eating doesn't effect me as much on the scale. I believe it's because I'm actually burning some of it off during the day versus eating it at night and then just sitting around. But my weight is as predictable as Kansas weather. ANYHOW - Let us know how it goes and let me know what you eat so I can live bicuriously through you. lol
  • Hey everyone! I'm back from my trip and the scale shows I'm up 1 lb. I'm not worried though and I'll record my official WI on Saturday. My first slingshot week was last week and I didn't do horrible on my trip, but I didn't do great either. We had an awards banquet for my son at his college last night and I'm glad I'm back to eating 100% CTL today.

Have a GREAT day! :smile:
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    jbdowns - Thanks for the encoragement. :) Yes, my husband has 4 weeks and 3 days left of his Bachelors. It has taken him over 8 years to get this far. It has been a long and hard road... but hopefully it will pay off now! We are no stranger to the system either. The last 5 years we have been in and out of unemployment. It simply sucks. I am so ready to be done! LOL!

BTW... I loved the poem! Thanks for sharing!

Christine - I love my HC days too! They are awesome!!! The only time I don't look forward to a HC day is the last day or two of a slingshot week.. I'm usually jonesing for cheese by then. LOL. Lunch out with friends sounds like fun! Eat something carby for me!! I'm having a LC day today.

WIChelle - Love the TOM talk. LOL! Eating HC or LC out is not a problem! In fact, I usually have an easier time eating LC, because so many HC meals include cheese. Aaargh! Just ballpark your portion sizes, and take the rest home for later! :)

Yes I did make it to Jazzercise last night. I wasn't feeling great doing it... I think I ate my snack too close to going. Sigh. But I worked out hard. After my hubby wakes up, (he didn't get to bed until 6am) I'm going to ask him if he wants to go for a run with me today. If not, I'll be at jazzercise again tonight... I don't mind running in the rain, as long as I'm with my running buddy. Otherwise I'd rather just stay home and dry... so I guess jazzercise is the best alternative. ;-)

UNODrea - Looking at "macros" on mfp is different than the "poriton sizes" that Chris has us follow with CTL. So... let's say on a LC day your meal was Chicken breast, a tossed salad w/ fat free dressing & avacado slices. You are good there, as long as your avacado slices equal about 1/3 cup or less. Where the tricky part comes in is having avacado & cheese, or nuts, or any other "smart fat" option. You'll just need to do 1/2 & 1/2 or something like that.

How2winScholarship - Only a 1 pound gain from a trip??? AWESOME!!!!! With some careful eating Wed - Friday you can turn that into a maintain, or even a loss! WTG!

Today is Wednesday... and it is my busiest day of the week. Homeschool my kiddos in the morning, piano lessons this afternoon, meeting at DHS for food stamps after that. Babysitting @ jazzercise (once weekly so I get my membership for free), then run home to pick up my son and take him to youth group at church. While he is there I'll either go to jazzercise to work out or grocery shop and pick up one or two things that I'll need for tomorrow. After bringing DS home It will be time for a run with hubby if I don't go to jazzercise.

Somehow i'll fit eating into all of that. LOL! No wonder I usually sleep good on Wednesday evenings. :)
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    Thursday morning - Ugh...had a nice couple of days for January in PA, it was 60+ degrees & I woke up to snow on the ground & high winds, about 22 degrees. Back to reality - it IS winter.

Anyhow, I was doing so great yesterday, ate good all day, worked out & then spent the rest of my evening cleaning. BUT....then I was corrupted - again by my husband. He just had to induldge in a piece of warm homemade apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Of course it was right before bed. I'm usually much better at turning it down, but last night, I just felt like I deserved a treat. So, I had a piece & let me tell you, it was wonderful!! And worth it. And I don't care cuz I know I've been eating well otherwise & I've been keeping up with exercise 6 days a week, no exceptions.

I did it. I'm guilty. I'm moving on.
  • ChristinePechulis
    Options
    Morning all --

LC day here for me today and weigh-in tomorrow morning. Plenty of water here! I try to get in about 100 oz. daily and usually hit it or come close.

Trying a new class at my gym today, so excitedly nervous about that ...

Just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello! :happy:

--Christine
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! Well... for most of you it is probably afternoon already, since it is 11am on the west coast right now. LOL

I went to bed later than I wanted last night (was shooting for midnight, actually was in bed by 2). So, getting up at 8am was really hard... but I did it. Went to 9:15 jazzercise class, and am finally having my breakfast shake... so today's eating will be wonky that's for sure. Sigh.

Yesterday afternoon I got what I think is the last of the paperwork into DHS for our food benefits. Hopefully that will be processed soon, since I really want to go grocery shopping and pick up lots of fruits and veggies. We are down to bare bones... still plenty to eat in the house, just starting to run out of "healthy" options for me. I'll probably go to the store and pick up a couple things today so I can make another batch of soup, since that is what I really want.

I did not workout yesterday. By the time 8pm rolled around I was just way too tired. So, I snuggled with my hubby on the couch and watched some Dr Who instead. It wasn't exercise, but it was good for my soul. :)

Hope your Thursday is grand!
  • UnoDrea3732
    Options
    Good afternoon! Today's a LC day!! I LOVE LC days.

Anyhow, tomorrow is my weigh-in and I'm feeling pretty good about it. I'm pretty sure some of it will be water weight but I'll be happy with any loss really. My DH and I are supposed to go out tomorrow (our free day) and do some drinkin but he is not feeling too well so I'm not sure if that will happen. Hopefully *fingers crossed*!

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of their day!
  • ChristinePechulis
    Options
    Good afternoon! Today's a LC day!! I LOVE LC days.

Anyhow, tomorrow is my weigh-in and I'm feeling pretty good about it. I'm pretty sure some of it will be water weight but I'll be happy with any loss really. My DH and I are supposed to go out tomorrow (our free day) and do some drinkin but he is not feeling too well so I'm not sure if that will happen. Hopefully *fingers crossed*!

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of their day!

Good luck with tomorrow's WI -- tomorrow will be my WI, too. :smile:
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Hi,my name is Judy and Friday I will be starting CTL diet again.I love Babeinthemoon she helped me alot.So I tried low carb diet for 9 days it was hard.Chris has it right.So here I am.Good luck to everyone.Have a wonderful day!

Always,Judychicken
  • UnoDrea3732
    Options
    Judychicken: Hi,my name is Judy and Friday I will be starting CTL diet again.I love Babeinthemoon she helped me alot.So I tried low carb diet for 9 days it was hard.Chris has it right.So here I am.Good luck to everyone.Have a wonderful day!

Always,Judychicken

Hi Judy and welcome back! I can't wait to hear about your progress and I look forward to getting to know you little by little. I hope your first day goes as well as mine did.
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    JUDY!!!! WELCOME BACK GIRL!!!!

Let me tell you ladies... this girl has an awesome story of persistance and patience!!! Both pre-CTL and during it! I am so glad that things started to move for her a few short months ago.

Judy, I'm going through a rough time right now... no where near as rough as you did... but... I see you as an example of strength! Thank you for being you!

-Sarah aka babeinthemoon
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    This is an awesome group, inspiring, strong & supportive. So glad to get to know you all.
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi Judy nice to meet you! Just a quick good morning to everyone. Schedule is a bit hectic lately. 2 of the 4 cars died so 4 people, 4 jobs and 2 cars has been tricky! Have a good day!
  • UnoDrea3732
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just wanted to give my update...I HAVE LOST 9LBS THIS WEEK!!!! WOOOHOOO!!! & today is my free day!! I'm definitely all smiles today!

I hope everyone has a great day!
  • ChristinePechulis
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just wanted to give my update...I HAVE LOST 9LBS THIS WEEK!!!! WOOOHOOO!!! & today is my free day!! I'm definitely all smiles today!

Wowza! Congratulations! That is awesome. I am down 1 lb., but am super hormonal right now, so I am happy with that.

My hubby and son will be leaving tonight and not be back until tomorrow night for a hockey tournament, so my daughter and I will be joy a little girl-time this weekend. And, my "fun day" is planned for tomorrow for our girl time! :happy: Looking forward to the one-on-one time!

Happy Friday everyone! Have a great weekend.
    --Christine
  • jbdowns35
    Options

WOW!!! You are awesome!!! I'm so glad to see someone with a significantly successful week. Just goes to show CTL DOES work. My scale hasn't been quite as friendly to me, but I feel like I'm probably losing inches & definately toning up. I think I might have lost a total of around 5 lbs for the month of January. But I started out only wanting to lose 12lbs, so I'm not that far from goal. I'll be doing my final week 4 weigh in this weekend. For the most part it seems as if I am at a slight loss by weigh in day, but then 2 days into the new week, I'm back up 2 or 3lbs! The scale has been up & down constantly. But I am enjoying the structure of CTL & I'm fine with a gradual improvement, I'm just gonna keep trucking along.

I'm still in complete awe of your 9lb loss!! That is some serious success!!!! Definately worth a happy dance!!! Congrats!!!! And enjoy the hell out of your free day!!! You deserve it!!
  • MidgeN27
    MidgeN27 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey JB, I feel the same exact way...I thought I was crazy...glad to see I am not. It took me forever on Sunday to get all the calories I wanted to eat. I have been very good and I am so loving CTL. Keep up the good work...I really enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for sharing.