opinions on where to start in the calendar/workout sched?

Options
Starlage
Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
I'm going to be starting turbo fire late this week or early next week (whenever the dvds finally get here!) and am looking for opinions as to where to start in the calendar since I've already been doing high intensity cardio 5-6 times a week for most of a month now. I tried posting this on the beachbody website's message boards but only got a few opinions and they all said I should just start at day 1. I'm just hoping for more than three opinions on that. I REALLY ENJOY my high intensity cardio and I can't imagine going down to 20-30 mins a day of slower exercise. But maybe I'll need to force myself to, maybe I'm working out too much. Who knows. Anyways, here's my post from the beachbody site:

I have been working on losing weight slowly for two years. I started off at 174 lbs (I slowly gained 40lbs over a 10 year period), and over the last two years have slowly lost 24 lbs thanks largely to MFP (yay!) and learning how to eat properly. I'm currently hoping to lose 10 more lbs/ more fat (I'm 5'2" and currently 150lbs) and recently fell in love with turbofire after getting the fire 45 dvd on ebay a few weeks ago and mixing it into my routine. Jump to three weeks later, I've got the whole turbo fire set on the way! My cardio level is very high- I don't do any weight lifting (can't afford a gym membership)- I basically only do high intensity cardio an hour a day 5-6 days a week.

Here's my question- I'm wondering where I should start in the turbofire calendar/workout plan?? I don't think I need to start off with the basics/ short workouts. I've already got a great cardio tolerance from running/ other cardio dvds and have been doing turbo jam, Michelle Dozios and Tae bo workouts along with my running for the last 6-9 months, and recently mixed the turbofire fire 45 dvd a few times a week for the last three weeks into my routine. Are there calendars somewhere that are altered for people that aren't starting at square one? Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe since I'm already three weeks into using the fire 45 dvd and other similar cardio kickboing dvds (turbo jam, michelle dozios, tae bo) 5-6 days a week an hour at a time, I should start a few weeks into the calendar? Or maybe I'm totally wrong and should just start at day one even though it'll be a HUGE drop in activity for me?

Thanks for any advice in advance! I can't wait to get the whole set of turbo fire dvds! I've stopped running for now because of the extreme cold outside and will pick it up again in the spring. I figure this is a perfect time for me to devote myself to a round of turbofire. I just need advice about where to start! Like I said, I'm definitely not a high intensity cardio newbie. I've been exercising plenty and losing weight nice and slow for awhile now (about .5 lb every week or two). I'm just trying to figure out how to balance out the turbofire dvds to match my cardio tolerance?

Replies