Have a bad day or week or what ever?

Options
Frequently I'll see people talking about how they had a bad day of dieting, or a bad week. Hell I'm guilty of this myself. Like you have one indulgence and then another and then whoops! There goes your whole entire day and everything is ruined forever right?

Nope.

Today after I posted my weigh-in and whined about my bad week I decided that I wasn't going to let my "bad week" be the end of it and I put a jacket and took my dog out for a long walk.

We don't live our lives in blocks of time that are 7 days or 24 hours or what ever. It doesn't matter if you've had a bad day SO FAR. You have it in your power to turn it around and to do something good for yourself and for your body if you get up and move regardless of what your calories are at.

Which is to say, don't be discouraged by your day. But instead think about what you can do with the rest of it.

Replies

• levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    This is really important. Never stop trying! So you had 3 slices of pizza for lunch and it wasn't how you planned it. That doesn't mean "**** it I'll eat a gallon of ice cream for dinner". Push yourself physically. You'll be surprised how much easier it gets and how good it feels. Personally I find that the calorie restrictions this site gives me are way too low and that tends to discourage me. I've lost weight eating 1,800-1,900 a day. I'm still going to stay close to what they tell me to do because I've set an ambitious goal.
  • detectivemonkey
    Options
    Totally! I saw a few people on the board of saying this week will be a bad week. It doesn't have to be! I know I'm going out to a restaurant Wednesday and I'll have a glass of wine or two, but that just means I'll do a better job for lunch Wednesday and Thursday. One bad meal does not a bad week make.