anyone want to compare stats/ calorie intake?

Options
Starlage
Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
I'd love to know where other people are eating at with TF and being successful.

I'm 5'2"
currenly 150ish pounds
I have an active job (walk around half of my workday- i'm a medical assistant)
Currently trying 1800-1900 a day (gross cals, I don't "eat back exercise calories" daily. I wear a bodymedia fit and am taking a 20-25% cut off my average weekly burn) to see if I can lose on that or not. It's been three weeks and I've lost a couple of pounds, so hopefully that'll be the sweet spot. I'm back at 150 (I maintained between 150-154 most of last year) so the real test will be to see if I drop below 150 on this amount.

Replies

• Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'.
    Sedentary job
    153.2 lbs
    I eat between 1000 calories - 1400. I may have a high day once in a while. I don't focus on hitting a specific calorie amount a day. I usually target for calorie deficit of 500-1000 by a combination of diet and exercise. I eat and exercise until my calorie deficit is between 500-1000.
    I use a fitbit to figure out more accurately what my TOTAL calorie burn is for a specific day and then subtract myfitnesspal calories eaten and that gives me a calorie deficit.
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've only been tracking my food for about a month and am still trying to figure out my tdee/bmr, etc... I am very new to all those formulas and terms and am still trying to find what works for me. I also have an active job as a CNA and work 12 hour shifts, on my feet, 3 days a week, but I am pretty lazy on my days off (besides my actual workout). I need to invest in a hrm.
    I'm 5' 8" and weighed in today at 142.4 when I started Turbofire 11 weeks ago I weighed 161 so that is a 1.69lb loss/week. I have my calories set to 1690, but I am eating back most of my exercise calories. So my gross calories lately have been about 1800-2000/day. I just upped my calories recently as my original weight loss goal was 145, but I'd like to maintain between 140-145 and really focus on toning up and putting on some muscle. I was only eating 1600-1700 calories when I first started tracking.
    It's all very much a work in progress, but I wanted to give you an answer. Until I got into these message boards, I was under the very misguided impression you had to basically starve to lose weight.
  • Starlage
    Options
    Always interesting to know what others are doing! Especially when we're all doing the same activity.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 140 pounds. I am almost done with my first month of Turbo Fire...I have not weighed or measured since starting, but I seem to be firming up some.

I eat between 1600-1800 calories a day. According to my Body Media, I burn between 2300-3000 per day depending on if I work or not. I do have an active job....5 days a week, 8 hours per day on my feet, plus workouts.

I too was basically eating way too little before TF... usually 1000-1200 per day...and getting nowhere with it!
  • tonyalenore
    tonyalenore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", and 160. I work in IT and sit in front of my computer all day lol. I waitressed in college and I didn't realize how much calories you burn with an active job, until I got a desk job lol.

I lost 10 lbs last year from counting cals on here, and I finally decided that I need to workout to speed up the process, and to be more healthy/fit/able to walk up stairs without panting. I would like to lose about 25 more lbs, hopefully by the end of summer.

My cals vary a lot, anywhere from 1200-1800. I don't necessarily eat back exercise cals, but if I'm hungry I will. I have been doing TF less than 2 weeks, haven't lost weight yet, but I lost almost 2 inches from my waist, and almost an inch from each thigh, which is great.
  • Starlage
    Options
    wow those are awesome results for two weeks! I really want to lose a little more poundage too, but maybe I have to build muscle first... I'm excited to see what turbofire does for me when I acutally GET THE DVDS (wish they'd hurry up and arrive). I love the one I have though, will be doing it today! (fire 45- woohoo!). I've always thought though that with my small stature 150's a little much, but I forget that i'm naturally a little medium boned- not itty bitty (for instance, even at my 150lbs I can feel my ribcage and hips and there's not a ton of fat over them). I'm hoping turbofire makes a difference! Next venture will be ebaying for maybe chalene extreme? I've got a decent set of at home dumbbells- ones with interchangable plates- so I just need a routine to go with those! From what I understand that's what chalene extreme is. I'm thinking do a round of turbofire, ebay for chalene extreme (or look for deal elsewhere. I'm cheap and kinda poor. haha) then do the turbofire/chalene extreme hybrid program.

WOO! I'm chatty today. I hope the turbofire group here picks up a little. It's fun having a place to come and chat with buddies. Maybe we need a weekly chat thread? Could chat about whatever, even if it's just about our lives. I think i'll start one and see what kinda response I get.
  • LindseyM619
    LindseyM619 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 5' and currently eat around 1220 calories... Most days... I do have higher calorie days. Need to be more consistent on tracking. I have lost 5lbs after one month on turbo fire. Starting over on week 3 because I started slacking off... With workouts and diet.
  • Starlage
    Options
    I started a weekly chat thread in the group, come join!
  • MuireannM
    MuireannM Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm new to counting calories. The weight I've lost so far has just been from eating sensibly but feel for the last bit I need a bit of structure. I am currently eating 1500 calories a day, according to MFP it will provide a 1lb loss weekly. I'm rarely eating my exercise calories back but they are nice to have to fall back on. I'm 5ft 8in female.