Sherlock

Options
I am "Sherlocked"..ha! Seriously though, this series is one of the best ones I have watched in a while and am anxiously awaiting a 3rd season. Is there anyone else out there that loves this show as much as I? I know I'm not the only one.

Replies

• CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I love Sherlock! People keep trying to get me to watch Elementary and I tell them no, because nothing can beat Sherlock and especially Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman.

I know it's technically a series, but it really seems more like a recurring mini-series. It's such a good show! All the actors are superb.
  • emzyfish
    emzyfish Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oh my god I am DYING for the third season. Aasldfkjsdg. To quote Community: "MY WHOLE BRAIN IS CRYING."
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I agree that Bendict and Martin are just superb. I care not to watch Elementary either. It's only Sherlock for me thanks. LOL. Oh and Moriarty on the series was quite amazing as well.
  • CollegiateGrief
    Options
    I agree that Bendict and Martin are just superb. I care not to watch Elementary either. It's only Sherlock for me thanks. LOL. Oh and Moriarty on the series was quite amazing as well.

I agree! And Mycroft!
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I , too, just adore Sherlock! Cumberbatch's cheekbones are divine!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Love this show so much.
  • CollegiateGrief
    Options
    Cumberbatch's cheekbones are divine!

:love: Cumberbatch
  • Southernb3lle
    Options
    He is quite lovely if I say so myself.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    3rd season will be next year, after Stephen Moffet finishes production of this season of Doctor Who!!!

a bit of trivia, if you didn't know, co-creater and writer Mark Gatiss also plays Mycroft on the show.
  • CollegiateGrief
    Options
    a bit of trivia, if you didn't know, co-creater and writer Mark Gatiss also plays Mycroft on the show.

Nice! I did not make that connection.
  • Southernb3lle
    Options
    Yeah, they are to be filming this March I do believe. Which makes for a next year showing more than likely.
  • floopysandi
    floopysandi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love this show!!! But I have been a huge Moffet fan since Coupling.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Love the series! I think part of the reason they had to take the break is that Martin and Benedict were also tapped for other projects (The Hobbit, Star Trek, etc) but I can't wait for it to come back! Damn them making me wait a whole year!

One of the things I like so much is that Sherlock is an asexual idol. My sister is asexual so I think it's nice that they're bringing more attention to that lifestyle :)
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Sherlock is next up in my list of things to catch up on. It's a great show, but imo Elementary really isn't bad. Had no interest in it starting out, as it looked like the random Me-Too brainchild of studio executives ("hey, I'm just spitballin here, but what if we do something crazy, like make Watson an Asian-American woman???"), but ended up seeing an episode by accident and am enjoying Jonny Lee Miller's take on the character.
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The thing that troubles me most about "Elementary" is the title. Really? The second-biggest misconception about Holmes and Watson is the use of the word "elementary." It sort of makes it seem like a Sherlock Holmes series made by people who don't really know anything about it... they just distantly remember something they heard referenced in another movie.

The first most common misconception, of course, being the hat. The Sherlock series acknowledges that one and even makes a recurring joke about it.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    The thing that troubles me most about "Elementary" is the title. Really? The second-biggest misconception about Holmes and Watson is the use of the word "elementary." It sort of makes it seem like a Sherlock Holmes series made by people who don't really know anything about it... they just distantly remember something they heard referenced in another movie.

Oh, agreed. That was one of the many things that made me not care to see it when the ads hit the airwaves. Again, I was surprised it turned out as well as it did.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love this show!!! But I have been a huge Moffet fan since Coupling.

Same here. :) I do love that show too!
  • Ginger_Gal
    Ginger_Gal Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sherlock is one of the best shows to come out recently. I just with British series were longer. I just don't get a full fix in 4 episodes.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I love Sherlock! People keep trying to get me to watch Elementary and I tell them no, because nothing can beat Sherlock and especially Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman.

I know it's technically a series, but it really seems more like a recurring mini-series. It's such a good show! All the actors are superb.

I love Sherlock too. I ADORE Benedict so so much. In a non-creepy way I promise.

I was hesitant to watch Elementary too, but if you enjoy the character of Sherlock Holmes at all, you should enjoy it.
    It's *very* different from the BBC Sherlock, but still good.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for the 3rd season. Ugh it's taking forever.