HELP...anyone up for a challenge?

Options
tiwipod
tiwipod Posts: 8 Member
Hi everyone, my name is Steph and I had a sleeve just over a year ago. I lost almost 100lbs in the first 8 months and was really vigilant, never excedding 900cals per day and eating protein rich shakes, foods and low carb. I have found over the last few months that I can fit more food in, but that I also still have all my bad grazing and emotional eating habits! I hae regained about 20 lbs and really need to put the brakes on. things feel a little confused and out of control, I am also no where near my surgery team due to an interstate move, so cannot go back review at this stage.

I am wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar and what they have done to refocus?
How many calories should I stick to a year out and with weight still to lose to get to goal?
Also if anyone would like to join me in a weekly weigh in and catch up to help each other get back to weight loss mode I would love to run a little chanllenge perhaps till Easter?

Thanks for your help everyone, I would really love to hear from anyone with a sleeve,
Steph

Replies

• stacylperry
    stacylperry Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    REFOCUS...
    CHALLENGE...

BRING IT ON !!

MY NAME IS STACY :wink: I'M ONLY A FEW MONTHS OUT AND I'M ALREADY CONSUMING 1200 CALORIES!
    BUT I WORK OUT ALMOST EVERY DAY.

REFOCUSING IS A GREAT IDEA :smile:
    I still fight the boredom eating, or the tired eating, or the habit eating.
    A CHALLENGE?
    YEP...
    I go to the gym, and have a trainer, I even have a few accountability partners. BUT a new challenge is always welcome!
    lets do this! My weight is at a stall right now. SO maybe a challenge is exactly what I need :happy: GREAT IDEA !!
  • tiwipod
    tiwipod Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying Stacy brilliant to hear from you! Gosh you have done so well to lose so much weight already!
    I am in Australia, where are you?

So what shall we plan?
    Let's do a Wednedsday morning weigh in. We have 8 weeks 4 days till Easter, how about our goal is 15 pounds!

I was on a stall for 3 months so I understand how hard it is, it did my head in that as hard as I tried my weight didnt move, then I started doing alot of wrong things so stay with it and stay on track, as I would love to be that stalled weight now!!!! Ironic isnt it!

I am going to aim for 1100 calories based on myfit pal recommendations, and exercise an hour a day. I live in a really hot place so I walk on a treadmill only at the moment, I admore your gyming!

What is your plan to lose 15 Stacy?? Any tips you have I would love to hear. My main goal is to string some healthy days together again I hate how I am feeling with this extra 20 on me! I just need some accoutability and some support I think to get going again....

Thanks again, can't wait,

Steph
  • neurorat
    neurorat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I will be a year out in February and I definitely eat more than 900 calories a day. Check out my diary, its open to friends. I eat between 1350-1600 kcal per day. I take in over 100 grams of protein and I am a vegetarian. I am 5'3" and 140 pounds.

To stay on track I treat certain things as non-options. I do not eat dessert (save fat free frozen yogurt). I do not eat bread or other carb filled foods. I must exercise or I cant eat all the (healthy) food that I want. If I want a grazing snack, I eat fat free popcorn-5 cups is 75 calories.

I found that I lost weight keeping my calories around 1200. I exercise 5-6 days a week for about an hour, give or take. I run on my treadmill or do spinning videos from "The Sufferfest". I admit I do mostly cardio now but I lost much better doing plyometric workouts (think P90X and Insanity type stuff) with a trainer for 4 days a week, and doing cardio for 2 other days. All in all, I have found that if I exercise, I lost more weight.

Good luck!! You've got this!