Fighting fatigue!

Options
Hi there,
I'm just starting out my career after 7 long years of post-secondary school. I have a beautiful 2.5yr old son who was born right in the middle of my final degree and I feel like I've been running on empty for a looooooooong time. I come from a health background and know that exercise and good nutrition will help with this but how do I get myself to stick with it for more than 2 days? I feel like I crash and burn with each attempt!

Replies

• Mslindsmay
    Mslindsmay Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I am also in college, working and a single parent. I started taking L- arginine which helps with metabolism I really like it for a boost. also I occasionally drink a smoothie that helps awaken me too.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I have the same problems.... Exercise definitely helps out. The more I can get to the gym, even for a short workout, the better. I've found that protein filled snacks work best for a pick me up (string cheese, mixed nuts, etc). They are filling and also give me a little boost before the gym.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Gotta get your sleep or rest. If I go 5 or 6 days to workout then I must get my rest to do it. 4 to 5 small meals a day to boost metabolism and get it burning again. Only hard thing for me is getting the nutrition right everyday.