Juicing Spinach

taylor0204
taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
Every time I juice spinach I only receive a small amount of juice and most of the leaves remain intact. I tried rolling the spinach into a ball before placing in juicer. For those having success juicing spinach, how are you doing it?

Thanks

Replies

• Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    bump
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    I find bunch spinach to be juicier than baby spinach but it really isn't very juicy at all. Follow up with a juicier item like celery to push through any juice lingering in the machine.
  • taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Thanks:) I was using baby spinach. In fact, I went back and read my operating manual and spinach is on the list of items more challenging to juice.
  • thanks for this! it sucks because spinach is like the tastiest vegetable... I guess I will stick to using it in smoothies
  • torigirl84
    torigirl84 Posts: 5
    I usually stuff a handful of spinach down the shoot thingy then add celery or cucumbers right behind it. There still won't be much juice but you will get more.
  • an author on juicing suggests sandwiching it between two pieces of fruit to get the most juice from it, otherwise it spins around and doesnt juicethrough properly. perhaps sandwiched between two halves of an apple?