New to the group.

Options
Hello Brothers and Sisters.

My name is Sister Dee Still and I am a member of the Talisay Ward located on the island of Guam. My husband is in the Navy and we are stationed overseas. I have used MFP before, but more to keep track of what I was eating, not as a goal to help me with weight loss. As my husband prepares for his deployment I am preparing to start a personal journey. I have several goals to accomplish while he is away. Here are a few.

1. To read the entire Book of Mormon all the way through in 6 months. This is only 3 pages per day. It is a goal my husband and I want to accomplish together to help strengthen our faith in Heavenly Father and become closer with him and each other through our faith.

2. I want to loose 65lbs in the 6 month my hubby is away. My start weight is 245lbs and my goal weight is 180lbs. I will accomplish this goal by using the free classes they offer at the gym twice a day 5 times a week. I will also walk to and from the gym once a day (steep downhill on the way and steep uphill on the way back) a total of 9 miles walking per week. To aid me in my weight loss I will be watching what I eat, eating smaller portions and having 5 small meals per day.

I am a veteran of the Army, and have been on two deployments myself. I have never been the one waiting behind at home. I know this will be a hard struggle but with Heavenly Father beside me I know I can be strong enough not only to survive the deployment, but strong enough to thrive.

I hope to make some friends here on MFP who share the faith and who can help encourage me through the hard times. :-)