Twilight Lounge

Options
2»

Replies

• surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Has anyone read the YA Trylle trilogy by Amanda Hocking? I just started it last night. I can hardly wait to get back to reading it, but alas work calls for me.

never heard of this before, but i'll check it out on your recommendation.

however, i did just finish 'the host'. i *loved* it. better than twilight. *<gasp!>*

The Host was quite moving....rumor is she is working on a sequel, but who knows. I hope she is writing something to be released soon!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Stephenie Meyer has made some posts to her web page. Stuff about The Host and Austenland...... Check it out!

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/index.html
    :love:
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Stephenie Meyer has made some posts to her web page. Stuff about The Host and Austenland...... Check it out!

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/index.html
    :love:

Thanks for the info, surf!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Has anyone heard if Target or Walmart will be having a midnight release party for the BD2 DVD?
    I have Googled, but haven't found any mention of it anywhere. March 2nd is getting awfully close!
    Thanks!
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    So it's been a rough day, I'm feeling low, and I'm the only one awake at 11pm. I don't want to go to bed just yet, so I flip on the t.v. with the intent of finding something lighthearted to take my mind off my troubles. As I scroll through the menu to see what's on, my day instantly improves. Why? TWILIGHT is on!! Yes, I have the DVD, but for some reason I tend to watch it more often when it comes on t.v. I'm so lucky that it's just where Edward has Bella up in the trees showing her his world. Not long after is the kissing scene in her bedroom. Yup, feeling better all the time.:tongue:
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    So it's been a rough day, I'm feeling low, and I'm the only one awake at 11pm. I don't want to go to bed just yet, so I flip on the t.v. with the intent of finding something lighthearted to take my mind off my troubles. As I scroll through the menu to see what's on, my day instantly improves. Why? TWILIGHT is on!! Yes, I have the DVD, but for some reason I tend to watch it more often when it comes on t.v. I'm so lucky that it's just where Edward has Bella up in the trees showing her his world. Not long after is the kissing scene in her bedroom. Yup, feeling better all the time.:tongue:

i'm the same way! okay, not with tv, because we don't have any channels, but with the radio. i can always play my favorite songs from my ipod, but when my favorite songs come on the radio by chance, they sound so much better! hope today is a good one for you! :flowerforyou:
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    i've been a nanny for a family since the summer of 2009. so when june rolls around, i will have been working with them for four full years. since the beginning, my employer has paid me for an extra 30 minutes per day to assist with gasoline and the wear and tear on my car. which was incredibly generous. at the beginning of this school year, she sent me a note about how she didn't remember how that started and that was fine, but it was really too much to pay me and the band teacher and the afterschool for the same time. i had just started my half-time teaching position, so i told her i understood and that it didn't really seem fair (even though it was originally her idea), so don't pay me for that 30 minutes since i have a new job. no biggie. done deal.

fast foward to now. the hours that i work have been slowly declining due to after school activities the kids are doing. there are two days a week when i only work for one hour and fifteen minutes. i asked her if she would consider paying me a flat rate for these two days since they were less than 90 minutes and i am driving close to 20 miles to bring her children home. this would come to an extra $8 a week, which over the course of the month would pay for a tank of gas.

she said she would rather not. and that the extra half hour of pay had been a temporary thing.

i'm a little upset. she spent 3 years paying me an extra $40 a week for the hell of it (and i don't consider three years as temporary), but now when i mention an $8 cushion for gas, she's all against it. i'm trying to figure out the best way to respond. because i'm going to have to insist. it's not worth 30 to 45 minutes of driving for 75 minutes of work.

boo.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Okay, just my Opinion here....She wouldn't like it very well if her kids had to walk home or if she had to come get them or have to call for a taxi cab. it is so few hours And now that you have your other job, i would say its an easy segway for you to resign. You have to remember that you are an important person and worth your salt. If you don't demand to get paid what you are worth no one will pay you what you should be paid. You have to look out for yourself. I know it's easier said than done, but you cannot work for free. :flowerforyou:
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/young-adult-heroines-infographic/

Some interesting facts about the heroines in YA movies.....

And a fun column called Confessions of a male Twihard... http://www.nextmovie.com/category/blog/confessions-of-a-male-twi-hard/
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    hey, everyone! hope you've all had a great weekend. we've been up and down the road all weekend, so it felt good to land back at home last night. my plan was to start 30 day shred today, but i can't find the dvd anywhere. very proud of myself, though, because instead of saying 'oh well, maybe tomorrow' i just threw down with some basics for 30 minutes instead. sure, jillian michael's yelling at me is great inspiration, but i'm so glad i demonstrated some promise of getting my own butt back into gear! happy monday, everyone!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Awesome Job, Stacy!! It feels so good to exercise. I had been slacking there for a while during our crappy weather, but started walking the tunnels at work. Now I really don't have any excuses!!!
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    tunnels at work?!

sounds like a perfect place for a chance vampire meeting! hopefully one of the vegetarian type, but truth be known, if james or laurent or victoria or any of them took me out, i'd probably die happy. :)
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    http://e-card.twilightersanonymous.com/index.php?act=browse_cat

I ran across a little something for my Team Twilight Friends!!! Have fun and Enjoy!!:flowerforyou:
  • Nursiemj2
    Nursiemj2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    im back in the game and ready for a new twilight challenger!
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I wish Stephenie Meyer would finish Midnight Sun - LOVE what is available to read.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    I read that she is supposedly working on the sequel to The Host, and that she plans a trilogy. Honestly, I thought it ended pretty well....but hey, I won't complain. She 'owes' her readers some nourishment!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    http://www.stepheniemeyerdays2013.com/stephenie-meyer-days-2013-schedule-of-events.html

Hillywood will be at Stephenie Meyer Days!!! Oh I would love to see them perform!