Feeling discouraged

Options
I started the 30 Day Shred on Saturday and now I have gained weight. I was down another pound and I have gained that back plus almost another pound. I was so excited when I weighed on Saturday, knowing I could get that other pound in half a week to meet the 2 pounds a week goal. Any other 30 day shredders have this problem, is it just my muscles retaining water from starting a new workout routine? I am severly out of shape and have been sore as hell from these workouts. I do day 4 today and the pain is finally letting up and I can get through the workout a lot easier.

Replies

• Qlow
    Qlow Posts: 92
    Options
    Don't feel discouraged, as I learned it's totally natural to gain some weight back when starting a new exercise routine. I've lost 6.4 lb in 6 days when I started dieting than gained back 1.2 lb this weekend, but I'm not disappointed, I knew this would happen. Now I'm back on track doing my thing, attacking the treadmill& the elliptical trainer. You do yours and you'll see the results.
    Cheer up and have a lovely evening!
  • tnt7787
    tnt7787 Posts: 48
    Options
    Don't feel discouraged, as I learned it's totally natural to gain some weight back when starting a new exercise routine. I've lost 6.4 lb in 6 days when I started dieting than gained back 1.2 lb this weekend, but I'm not disappointed, I knew this would happen. Now I'm back on track doing my thing, attacking the treadmill& the elliptical trainer. You do yours and you'll see the results.
    Cheer up and have a lovely evening!

Thanks!
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I'm frustrated too! I have stayed within my 1200-1300 calorie counting and been going to the gym for at least 3/4 a week and I'm still at 230....I started at 230!!!! *angry face*

I know that the weight wont come off overnight because I didn't gain it overnight, but SOME results would be great....Especially since my friend and I are on the same diet/work out schedule and she's lost 2.5 pounds in a week.
  • tnt7787
    tnt7787 Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm frustrated too! I have stayed within my 1200-1300 calorie counting and been going to the gym for at least 3/4 a week and I'm still at 230....I started at 230!!!! *angry face*

I know that the weight wont come off overnight because I didn't gain it overnight, but SOME results would be great....Especially since my friend and I are on the same diet/work out schedule and she's lost 2.5 pounds in a week.

Very frustrating indeed. Guess we just have to keep at it!
  • madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm feeling pretty annoyed at the scale. I want to through it out!

A week ago I weighed 73.2 kgs and a week later when AF was due 74.7 and now I'm 74.2...sooo frustrating!

I have taken up doing heavy weights the last few days so hopefully I've gained some muscle and some fluid from a number of things.

It is so hard not to focus on a number on the scale
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Measure with a tape, not just the scales!

You can go to "My Home > Check In > (Scroll down to bottom) Track addtional measurements" And then put in whichever measurements you want e.g bust, waist, hips, bottom, thighs, upper arm etc... at least then when the scale doesn't do as we'd hope we have other ways of measuring progress :)

Keep at it, you're doing great! :) x
  • minikhan95
    minikhan95 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's happened to me before, don't fret! As a whole, the 30DS is super beneficial. :) Stick with it!!!