fitbit one users...do you always log your driving?

Options
2»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I recorded my steps when I got into the car this morning, 1234, took my One off & clipped it to my handbag, drove the 65mins to work, then checked the steps again, it was a whopping 2946, so obviously for me there is a huge difference, I thought it would only be slight, but that's way more than what I expected, do people find that entering their driving or charging their fitbit is the best option?

It's the ONLY activity you can log manually in Fitbit that removes the steps, removes the miles, and puts in a fair calorie count for being awake driving, compared to the normal non-moving activity calorie burn of sleeping deeply.

If you don't care about step goals, or rather in fact like reaching goals with false info (there are people that do), then you can leave the steps and record some activity that doesn't overwrite steps, as most don't. Then you could do that from MFP actually if you have the start and duration time correct. Just find Sitting in the database and use that.
    Because with that many steps extra and bogus, I'd be curious what the increase of miles and calories was - which of course eating level is based on calories burned.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    rfsatar wrote: »
    Nope - I just wear it all day and let it do it's thing ... Sometimes I drive, sometimes commuting on the train/tube ... Just easier to let it sort itself out and log food here/specific exercise with a HRM

then you could be tracking HUNDREDS of bogus steps due to being on a train or driving, which totally defeats the purpose of using the Fitbit in the first place. So you wear it to track your steps and then let it count hundreds of steps you didn't even take? that makes sense.