WiiU and Lazy Developers

Options
Gilbrod
Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
So I was reading on how Squaresoft won' release the new Tomb Raider for the WiiU. The reason is not because of install base (which is pretty big already), but because they wouldn't know how to implement ideas for the gamepad. I first said to myself "do what Assasins Creed 3 did and just use the map feature." But then I said, do they even have to use the screen of the gamepad. Why can't they just set the controls to the Pro Controller? Every game DOES NOT have to use the gamepad. Case in point, Tekken, Sonic Racing, Ninja Gaiden and Mario U. I wonder why they really don't want to develop for the system. Is it laziness, or a cost thing. I don't know. What say you?

Replies

• lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Tomb Raider is produced by Square Enix. The developer is Crystal Dynamics.

It is very clearly not a software developer issue. Software developers do not decide what they want to work on. Management decides what gets worked on and developers get assigned to it.

My best guess is that Crystal Dynamics doesn't want to assign a resource to the WiiU. They probably don't think it is worth the investment.