Advice! First competition!

I am freaking out. By luck, I got a chance to compete at a Crossfit competition this weekend. I found out about two days ago, and will be competing in the beginner's division this Saturday. I already have butterflies in my stomach! Any advice? there is a running wod which is just an all out 800 m sprint for time and im a slow runner and hurt my foot running a half marathon last weeknd (FYI, no training for the half, got a time of 2:31 so was super happy, but the top of my foot toward my ankle has been hurthing).

any advice for the competition??? i dont think i will be able to sleep! ALso, ladies, what pants/shorts do you recommend. There are box jumps in one wod, and i don't like that I have to hold up my capris when I do box jumps at my gym, so looking to invest in some pants/shorts. Thanks in advnace!

Replies

• cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    To be honest if you think your ankle is injured you should get it looked at and rest it. If you think you can power through go for it. Make sure you hydrate and try to get a decent amount of sleep. Warm up properly and just have fun. Make sure you know all the standards for their movements. Some competitions movement standards change a bit.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    I am freaking out. By luck, I got a chance to compete at a Crossfit competition this weekend. I found out about two days ago, and will be competing in the beginner's division this Saturday. I already have butterflies in my stomach! Any advice? there is a running wod which is just an all out 800 m sprint for time and im a slow runner and hurt my foot running a half marathon last weeknd (FYI, no training for the half, got a time of 2:31 so was super happy, but the top of my foot toward my ankle has been hurthing).

any advice for the competition??? i dont think i will be able to sleep! ALso, ladies, what pants/shorts do you recommend. There are box jumps in one wod, and i don't like that I have to hold up my capris when I do box jumps at my gym, so looking to invest in some pants/shorts. Thanks in advnace!

Hi and goodluck

I have my first one beginning of April, Masters here ;)

I like these sorts of shorts,

http://www.triuk.com/products/craft/craft-pt-shorts-black-10s#.UQwtXb_df1o

I wear these under my leggings ;) hope that helps and remember to let us all know how you got on x

Hope that helps and make sure your foot has healed or see a good physio, be awesome x
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    How did you get on???