Superbowl Sunday..YAY! NOT SUNDAE!

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Okay, FOR THOSE WHO CELEBRATE SUPER BOWL 47 how do you plan to make it healthier?
KEY is planning as we are all learning.
What recipies will you alter to make more figure friendly?
What workouts will you do to go extra hard so as not to gain till Sunday?

Challenge today is to plan today. NOW! YOUR thoughts?

Peace,
WW

PS I thought I would share a video of drills you can do at home with kids, at the gym if have enough space, outside if warm where you are....no worries use anything in place of cones. Just click on the first video. http://www.myfit.ca/sports/football/football_drills_and_training.asp

Replies

• MommyLovesHerFurBabies
    Options
    My parents and I have already stocked the house with healthy snacks. Fiber 1 bars, 100cal popcorn, skinny cow ice cream, etc. And we are having pizza that day but we bought a veggie pizza and I only plan to have 2 pieces and then fill up on carrot sticks, broccoli and apples.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    I think I might introduce my son to "commercial workouts", where you watch the game, then get up and do calisthenic exercises during the commercials. Maybe I'll use that list I put together...
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Not planning anything for SBS (probably won't even watch it) will be doing some house cleaning since I need to get my act together since I will be going out of town the following weekend. Want to do the SBS Les Mills release they are doing at the gym because won't be able to work out while I'm gone (sorry, I'm a Florida girl with temperature affected asthma, cannot workout outside up north, have no clue what is going to be happening on this trip since family is involve, will be sharing a hotel room with the parents, and hotel does not have a workout room... I will be in full withdrawl mode when I get back!!!), but since will be going to the Chiro the day before, can't it's a no-no (really don't want to pop my neck out right after getting it back in especially since will be travelling)
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I try to plan my meals in the morning, so today is already planned :smile:

Not doing anything for Super Bowl, for me its just another day.
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I was actually thinking about this last night when I found out that my roommates wanted to have a Superbowl party on Sunday. I kind of decided that instead of limiting myself on the snacking during the actual party, I'm going to instead workout extra hard this week and Sunday afternoon to counteract it. I know myself well enough to know that I won't realistically resist all of the chips and queso, pizza, beer, cookies, etc. that will be sitting in front of me, but I can workout to make up for it and also exhibit portion control in my eating.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am going to try and make some healthier versions but I will workout harder too!
  • shosh413
    shosh413 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    don't watch the superbowl so i'm good... but i'm going to be strong this weekend anywhoo!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I do not do the Super Bowl but Saturday I will be attending girls night at my sister-in-laws. I will exercise vigorously until it is time to go.