What are your Fitness Goals?

Options
azavala78
azavala78 Posts: 74 Member
Hola Mujeres!

I thought it might be good to talk a bit about the goals we each have. I know that when I write things down (or share them), I feel more accountable and inspired! :heart:

So, stats:

starting weight: 192
current weight: 186
goal weight: 145

But more importantly, I want to feel as healthy, sexy, and confident as I did before I gained the forty pounds during school. It's important to me to be happy and healthy so I can enjoy my family, my friends, and my activities. I also want to be able to go back to belly dancing, which I haven't been able to do due to back strain from the extra weight I carry.

Alot of goals - but, I think that with all this support...si se puede!

Replies

• sparky916
    sparky916 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you, yes we can do it! I just look at my cloths and tell myself I can fit into them just stick to the plan, I just take one day at a time.
  • VeronicaAM
    Options
    My goal weight is 128 , most of my adult life I have been about 133 and the most heavy weight 155 . I want to get back in the lower 130.00 and be able to stay there and stop the ups and downs for good
  • Nmira09
    Nmira09 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My weight was 184 and now I'm down to 171. My goal is to go down to 140! I got tired of having to get bigger and bigger sizes every time I would go shopping. For once I want to me able to say, "hey, my clothes are too big on me now!" I also wanna get ready for summer! I've never work a bikini or a one piece. It's always a loooong shirt with shorts! I wanna look sexy for once this summer!
    We can do this!
  • MarieCoreaa1
    MarieCoreaa1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My fitness goal is to be able to reach my goal weight of 120, and a size 4 and keep it. I have not been there since ? not sure when. When I was a teenager I was a size 0-1 and I am sure I looked good then, but that was before my 3 children. My kids are older now and I want to be able to stay around for a long time and hopefully one day meet any grand children and be able to keep up with them.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Great thread, thanks! My goal weight is 140 pounds - I determined this by using the calculators at fat2fitradio.com. 140 is also in the middle of my healthy weight range according to MFP. I am currently 151 pounds, so getting pretty close. When I get to maintenance I am going to increase my calories and keep working on lowering my body fat percentage and getting leaner. I carry extra fat on my thighs especially. I have heard that after you hit maintenance, you need to keep setting new goals for yourself to achieve so that you don't go back to your old lifestyle and start gaining weight again.

I reevaluate my exercise goals every month or so to keep it interesting. In January my goal was to walk/move over 10,000 steps a day, weight lift 2-3 times a week and run a minimum of once a week. I was successful in these goals!!! I think for February I will stick to moving over 10k steps a day and the weightlifting. I have a groupon for 5 aerobics classes that I need to use. I am going to keep running. After my groupon is done, I am going to look into zumba classes and/or a self-defense class.

Nutrition: My daily macronutrients are set to 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein, and I try my best to stick to this. I make sure to get over 100 grams of protein a day. I eat pretty healthy. My fiber is minimum 30 grams a day and I work to stay under my sodium too.
  • Nmira09
    Nmira09 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You inspire me to reach my goals! You work so hard!

Question...How much sodium are we supposed to intake in a day? I think I may be having too much of it.
    Great thread, thanks! My goal weight is 140 pounds - I determined this by using the calculators at fat2fitradio.com. 140 is also in the middle of my healthy weight range according to MFP. I am currently 151 pounds, so getting pretty close. When I get to maintenance I am going to increase my calories and keep working on lowering my body fat percentage and getting leaner. I carry extra fat on my thighs especially. I have heard that after you hit maintenance, you need to keep setting new goals for yourself to achieve so that you don't go back to your old lifestyle and start gaining weight again.

I reevaluate my exercise goals every month or so to keep it interesting. In January my goal was to walk/move over 10,000 steps a day, weight lift 2-3 times a week and run a minimum of once a week. I was successful in these goals!!! I think for February I will stick to moving over 10k steps a day and the weightlifting. I have a groupon for 5 aerobics classes that I need to use. I am going to keep running. After my groupon is done, I am going to look into zumba classes and/or a self-defense class.

Nutrition: My daily macronutrients are set to 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein, and I try my best to stick to this. I make sure to get over 100 grams of protein a day. I eat pretty healthy. My fiber is minimum 30 grams a day and I work to stay under my sodium too.
  • claudiavasquez72
    claudiavasquez72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

My fitness goal is to lose a total of 105 lbs! Which is a lot more than most of you here have to lose. I know this is not going to happen overnight and will most likely take well over a year to do. But I tell my self "These extra pounds did not come on overnight". I want to be healthy and most importantly be able to shop at the "Regular Size" section of clothing and not the Plus Size section; everything in that section is so limited!

These are my stats:

Starting Weight: 248
    Current Weight: 230
    Goal Weight: 140 ish
  • angiebirdie
    angiebirdie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi girls!

starting weight: 156
    current weight: 149
    goal weight: 130

I used to be 120, but that was too thin for me so for my height, I want to stay at 130-135. I'm always fluctuating and for once, I want to be at a healty weight, and to KEEP IT! I've had enough of my unhealthy habits and sedentary lifestyle! It feels so great to eat well and to work out :) I also am trying to get rid of my belly, which is annoying because that's always the last thing to go, after my boobs and butt! I want to keep my curves but still look fit.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    High sodium contributes to high blood pressure. The *maximum* U.S. RDA for sodium is 2300 mg for normal people, but it's lower for high risk people such as those with hypertension and certain minorities (African Americans). However the US RDA is actually quite high - it's better to get even less than that. 1 teaspoon of salt has 2000 mg sodium, so it can add up quickly. Look on any packaged food at the sodium percentage - it might say something like 22% of your daily sodium allowance for a 2000 calorie diet. The way to lower sodium is to decrease your packaged and processed foods and replace them with natural foods. Also decrease your salty condiments and replace them with salt-free seasonings like herbs or Mrs. Dash.
  • azavala78
    azavala78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    High sodium contributes to high blood pressure. The *maximum* U.S. RDA for sodium is 2300 mg for normal people, but it's lower for high risk people such as those with hypertension and certain minorities (African Americans). However the US RDA is actually quite high - it's better to get even less than that. 1 teaspoon of salt has 2000 mg sodium, so it can add up quickly. Look on any packaged food at the sodium percentage - it might say something like 22% of your daily sodium allowance for a 2000 calorie diet. The way to lower sodium is to decrease your packaged and processed foods and replace them with natural foods. Also decrease your salty condiments and replace them with salt-free seasonings like herbs or Mrs. Dash.

This is really helpful! Gracias!