I hope you guys don't think I'm a loser

Options
Mommy4812
Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
:embarassed: I decided to give my muscles a break today and try pilates to help stretch the muscles out. It definitely worked my abs though. I may decide to do it still tonight...we'll see.

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Heavens no, we don't think you are a loser. You're not quitting, you are taking a break. The last time I did the 30DS I joined a similar group and became friends with a lady who rotated exercise, yoga, days off, etc. as she needed. I ended up quitting because of an injury and she just plugged along as best she could. After several weeks suddenly she was logging 30DS everyday and she finished with a flourish just last week. She is now on to 6 week six packs and is going strong. I believe that if she had tried to do it every day at first she would have dropped out. Instead she chipped away at it, but always moved in a forward direction. Do this at your own pace, don't burn out or get injured. You can finish!
  • DanetteNel
    DanetteNel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The only thing you are LOSING IS FAT :bigsmile:

But don't stress about breaks - listen to your body! This way you will avoid injuries.

I did Day 1, Day 2 and then had a day off as my one calf muscle felt like it was tearing. Now I have complete Day 5 and my calf is 100% thanks to the rest day.

I have read a lot of people stopping due to injuries - ankles, knees and shin splints. As soon as you feel a twinge, either go a bit easier for a bit with the pilates (great exercise), or have a rest day - it can only do you good. :flowerforyou:

P.S. I am making sure I warm up on my stationary bike for 3 minutes before doing 30DS, 3 minutes after 30DS and then stretching for 5 minutes extra. This seems to help the muscle pain a lot.
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You are not a loser!! Take a rest day if you need it!! We are here for you.....you can do it!! :)