Hiya fellow Brits! Found you at last!!!

Options
hmomomo
hmomomo Posts: 15 Member
Been on MFP for a couple of weeks now, am getting lots of love and support from the Americans, but need some cynicism and gripes about the weather from my British homies!!!

I'm H, from Bonnie Scotland, and on the lookout for new pals!!

pls feel free to add me xxxx

Replies

• cazzer69
    cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    How about....

I bought a pushbike a week ago and it hasn't stopped raining or being gale force 9 since.

Bloody weather.
  • spongeh
    spongeh Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    How about....

I bought a pushbike a week ago and it hasn't stopped raining or being gale force 9 since.

Bloody weather.

I bought a convertable 2 seater sports car in September and it hasn't stop raining since :ohwell:
  • cazzer69
    Options
    How about....

Bloody weather.

I bought a convertable 2 seater sports car in September and it hasn't stop raining since :ohwell:

Scimitar SS1, a rare beastie these days.
  • spongeh
    spongeh Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    How about....

Bloody weather.

Scimitar SS1, a rare beastie these days.

Well spotted, alot don't know what it is even when presented with a photo lol.

Its the 1800Ti, only about 60 or 70 left on the roads in Britain... get some great looks when its on the road, so many people have never seen one :smile:
  • teshiburu
    teshiburu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    How about....

Bloody weather.

Can still get out on the bike, just ride lower and slower but it will be harder
  • cazzer69
    Options
    Oh I know I can....but not having ridden a pushbike since I was about 16...

A) I need to get used to riding one again.
    B) I need to get confident in traffic without horizontal rain and wind pushing me under trucks

But more importantly....

C) I don't want my first few outings on it to be miserable and put me off riding it.
  • rose_ruby
    rose_ruby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    hiiiii!
  • Ashikata1983
    Options
    Hi from me too!
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm here too :)
  • nykdem
    nykdem Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I used to think I suffered from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) but my wife and kids inform me that I'm a miserable old git all year round! :-)
    Feel free to add me.
  • Marie_25
    Marie_25 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Nice to see some good old British humour!

I'm what you call a fair weather biker, so I only go out riding about twice a year! :0))

Feel free to add me anyone.
  • amzly18
    amzly18 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am from Scotland.
    Feel free to add me too everyone :)
  • lelly1981
    lelly1981 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    hi all
    from sunshinny manchester.
    new on here too so please feel free to add me
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Baz_Man
    Baz_Man Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

From "not at all sunny, and tipping it down" Powys. New on here so glad to find some UK forums.

Decided to head out for a run in the rain today. Temperature was about 2deg so my bald head was like a block of ice when I got back! Got my best time up a nearby hill though, unfortunately it more to do with a boxer chasing me part way up the hill than anything else. Not sure if it thought I was breakfast or just wanted to play but I didn't stick around to find out!

Add me if you're after friends!
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hello hello! From not quite in Scotland (Durham).

Anyone feel free to add me, just excuse the poor attempts at humour ;)
  • sineadlpb
    sineadlpb Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello all from very windy and cold Leeds :)
  • stepheniejdb
    Options
    Hi to everyone on Team Uk. I am an expatriate from the gentle climes of Warwickshire, currently battling out my fitness regime in the extreme weather conditions presented in West Yorkshire. I think they call it... 'being toughened up'. Nice to see a UK group on here.
  • ybcochrane
    ybcochrane Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am from Scotland too.....don't even get me started on the weather!!!!!!!!
  • dididede
    dididede Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Been on MFP for a couple of weeks now, am getting lots of love and support from the Americans, but need some cynicism and gripes about the weather from my British homies!!!

I'm H, from Bonnie Scotland, and on the lookout for new pals!!

pls feel free to add me xxxx

Hi, another Scottish lassie here! But is that a recent pic my lovely? You don't need to lose an ounce! x
  • filsket
    filsket Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fellow Scottish girl checking in!

I'm in Edinburgh, where are you? :)