Food Deals!

Options
DianeBH
DianeBH Posts: 18 Member
Food Lion: 1/31 - 2/5/13
None of the Lowes Food specials seems like a good deal to me this week, but here are the healthy food deals that I liked at Food Lion for the coming week!

- Boneless Chicken Breasts - $1.79 / lb (this is a great deal! I see them go down to 1.99 sometimes, but not usually this low! Stock up & freeze some!
- Jumbo Shrimp - BOGO! These are the 1lb frozen ones, and are deveined. I always buy a couple of these when they go BOGO, very easy to thaw & either boil, or peel & stir-fry!
- salmon fillets - 5.99 / lb (i don't know how much these normally are at FL, but this seems like great price! I get the frozen salmon fillets at Sam's & they're about $6.53 / lb.
- 93% lean group beef - $3.49 / lb. really good deal for the 93% lean, leave that 80% behind!
- Johnsonville sausages - 2.99 / lb! OK, so not the "healthiest" choice, but I like to peel the casing off of these, and freeze in like 1oz chunks that I can thaw later & cook up in soups, stews, spaghetti, whatever.... just a "litle dab'll do you!", easy on this one! I see these go to 3.99 sometimes, but don't know when i've seen the packs this low

- naval oranges - 2.99 for 4lb bag (.75 / lb)
- braeburn or jazz apples or pears - 1.37 / lb (and i just paid 1.87/lb for apples!)
- green peppers - .69 each (great price, i may get some to dice & freeze! - they've been over $1 lately)
- red vine cluster tomatoes - .99 / lb

- nature's own whitewheat - $2 (normally 2.50-2.99). This is my family's favorite bread, 120 cal for 2 slices, 3g fiber, 5g protein.

- 4 pk dannon oikos yogurt - 3.99 ($1 per individual yogurt is about the best I see anywhere for the greek yogurts. Why greek? those are higher in protein than regular yogurts, making it a GREAT after workout snack, and you'll also be contributing a little towards your calcium requirements!

Well - as you can tell, I like to shop & compare prices!
I hope some of you find this useful!!
What new healthy things will you try this week??