Turbo Fire and Bad Knees

Options
ldnewlady
ldnewlady Posts: 25 Member
Hello, my name is Tonya. I'm glad I found this group! I'm thinking of buying Turbo Fire. I love workouts with GOOD music!! I have bad knees. I know it's because I need to lose weight. I have at least 50 pounds I would like to lose. I'm 175 now. 5'2 and a half. I would like to get down to at least 125 pounds. Do you all think it would still be OK for me to do Turbo Fire.

Replies

• JBearsMom21
    JBearsMom21 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have bad knees too, and have been able to complete 2 rounds of Turbo Fire. I was about 230 lbs when I started the program so I have a significant amount more than you did weighing me down. I started off with modifying the moves in every workout and as my knees got stronger and I lost weight, the more I was able to do the moves without modifications. My knees did ache at first, sometimes I would take a day or two off to rest them, Ice on them after working out also really helped. If you are working out on tile I would suggest getting some rubber flooring or anti fatigue mats to put down to cushion the blow. Good shoes also make a WORLD of difference as far as knee pain goes so make sure you invest in a good pair that is supportive for you. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY if something does not feel right or hurts STOP and make sure you are using correct form. It helps to work out in front of a mirror.Turbo Fire is a GREAT program and with these things I was able to complete two rounds of it. Right now I am currently doing a Hybrid between TF and Les Mills Pump. You can do it! I hope this helps :)
  • KKWilson
    KKWilson Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I also have bad knees from sports injuries, but I have been able to follow TurboFire and Turbo Jam without issue. I would recommend using the instructional versions to begin with, which come included on each of the DVD's. I think they do a great job of teaching you how to rotate correctly and correct form to help protect your knees and back. On the days that my knee's bother me, I follow the low-impact routine.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I switch back and forth between the high impact and low impact routine. When i first started TF 4 weeks ago i had terrible knee pains. Now i am on week 4 and i am able to do the regular routine without ANY pain in my knees. They have gotten alot stronger. I started out at almost 200 pounds and am at 178 now. Just start off slow and let your body catch up with you. Its totally worth it. You will love TF!!!
  • HuneeBunee08
    Options
    Turbo is AWESOME!! Im currently 287lbs and only on week 1 with bad knees as well, but i have not had any problems doing turbo fire so fire. I am doing the modified version right now and it seems to be working well for me. I will probably advance on week two. Feel free to add me for support and motivaton everyone!!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I was afraid to start when I read on the Turbo Fire warning that you should not do the workout if you have bad knees, since I have severe arthitis in both knees, but with a good pair of cushioned running shoes, wearing a good knee brace and not doing the jumping or pivoting moves, I've made it through to week 7 without any problems. Like the others have already said, listen to your body.
  • ldnewlady
    ldnewlady Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!!! I am getting Turbo Fire!!!!
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    These have helped with my knee issues: good shoes with lateral support, jumpers knee support straps, and glucosamine chondroitin MSM supplements.
  • Nutrition1975
    Options
    This is hands down my favorite program from Beachbody - I have done Insanity, Brazilian Butt Lift, Rev Abs. I am currently doing Chalene Xtreme and Turbo Fire hybrid now. There are definitely modifications so I would watch Ally (she will be on your right) she does a less impact version and this is great for someone with bad knees. Have fun everyone - Fire 45 is my favorite!!!