Intro

Options
ofccat
ofccat Posts: 284 Member
Thanks for joining everyone. I'm Catrina and mom of 3. I started running in 2010 and have been hooked ever since. I even ran a 5K in 2011 when 36 weeks pregnant :-) Ok not the Chicago Marathon like the one lady who was pregnant, but still. I have done several 5K's, 10K's and an 8K. I have decided to step it up this year and do a 1/2 and 25K. I go back and forth on the full as I want to see how the other 2 go first and see if I can handle running for twice the time..LOL. I also do several other workouts besides running to stay in shape and as a cross training regimen.

Replies

• twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm Alissa and also a mom of 3. My first ever 5K was Thanksgiving 3 years ago and I have been hooked ever since. I took almost a years break with sporadic running due to my master's program but am back at training again this year. I am setting my goal race as the OC half marathon.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i'm holly and a mom to 2 fur babies. i started running in 2010 then quit then started back in the summer of 2011 and haven't stopped.

i'm running my first half June 1st. Wine Country Half Marathon just outside DC. i've done a mud run, zombie mud run, color run, three 5k, two 8ks, and a 10k.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I'm Holly as well, I'll be 33 in March and started running last year. I've done a couple 5Ks, 10K and my first 1/2 in October. Running and lifting are a passion of mine! I have a 1/2 scheduled for May, one in August and returning to my first 1/2 race in October. I'm trying to decide on whether to make October a full or not, just depends on how the next few months go.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    I am Valerie, and mom to 2 boys (7 and 4) and have been back to running for 6.5 years. I started simply to get back into a routine and found a group that I love so we train together and race together year round (mostly 4mile-10K's). I always said that I would never do more than a 10K and then I decided that I was going to leave my 30s with a bang. I run my 1/2 on april 6 and then the Rugged Maniac a month later and we'll see what happens after that. Our group is up to 7 miles so I know we'll do fine getting the mileage, but I struggle with my pace so that's my biggest hurdle.
    And Holly (15lbgoal) we were going to do the VA Wine one as well and then had a conflict so we are doing the Cville 1/2
  • chelton2013
    chelton2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi - My name is Carol. Ran my first 1/2 September, 2009. Have not ran since. Plan to do my next one October, 2013. Plan to train more sensibly this time and hopefully not burn out. I will never forget the *rush* i felt when i crossed that finish line !
  • DBAKER913
    Options
    Hi, I am Diane, I was a runner in my teens but quit once I was married at 20. I kept active doing other activities. I am a mom to 3 (21, 12 and 10) and had some knee problems which got worse with the pregnancy weight, so I never thought I would run again. In 2006 I started water aerobics and loved being so active in the water! I could run in the water! I sprained my ankle in 2008 & 2009 and again thought I would never run. Last year some of my friends started doing half marathons & I saw Biggest Loser contestants do half marathons & I wondered if I could at least walk one? So in Sept I started a half marathon walk program and then started a jog, and my body was ok with it, I was SO excited!! My knee & ankle held up! I did my first 5k (in 19 years) with my son in Oct 2012 and finished in 34 minutes! So I signed up for a half which is in 9 weeks now! I know I kind of jumped into it but have been training since Sept and I know I can walk/run it. I just did my first 8 miles yesterday, at a 13 min pace, walk/run and was happy to show myself (and others) I CAN do it! I was excited to find this group to share with because I'm sure my non-running friends are tired of hearing about it.
    My kids want to be active with me, and they rode their scooters with me for my first mile yesterday, it was fun to do it with them!
  • Tandrence
    Tandrence Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sarah and I'm a mom of 3. I hope to run my first half in September. I've used running as a stress relief off and on since I was a teenager, I also like to do group fitness classes like spinning on my cross train days. I've never been in a race before, so I signed up for a 2k in May so I can see what its like.