2//2013 Check in

Options
How did you guys do with your nyr this past month? Hopefully going on strong! Let us know what you did, didn't do, and what you changed all together!

My NYR:
1. I want to make 1 new thing (more then likely from pinterest) every month
RESULT: I made Burp clothes for my friends Baby shower! (and a onsie, but I've made one of those before.)

2. Make 2 new recipes (also more then likely from pinterest) every month
RESULT: I made a tilapia dish, and stuffed mushrooms! DE-licious!

3. Take at least 10 (Good, solid) Pictures every month
RESULTS: I got 10, but not of people, which is what I ultimately wanted to do. I think I might have gotten about 8 of people, so I'll take it. :)

4. Journal! At least 10 days a month. Something more then 5 sentences if this year is going to be amazing, I want to read about it later!
RESULTS: I've been doing a journal called: Peaks, Pits, Praise, and Prayer. It pretty much just has you write the best part of your day, the worst part of your day, something you were thankful for that day, and then something to pray for. I've been doing great with that! which is good enough, but I'd like to actually free style journal more this month as well as PPPP.

5. Save $1,000.00
RESULTS: none. I haven't done this at all. i still have 11 months left, but bills went up this year, and I'm having to re-adjust things... I'm not sure I'll make it, but I'm sure going to try!

6. Goal weight by December 31st 2013: 200 lbs.
RESILTS: I started out as 255.4. I am at 253.4. so I'm down 2 pounds. I'm not going to make it at this rate, but I am by golly going to try. I am determined!

7. DO 1 new thing every month
RESULTS: Failed. I did NOTHING new this month. made new stuff, but didn't actually DO anything new. this month I am watching the Super bowl. I don't really like football.... at all.. but O've never watched one, and I figured everyone should watch it at least once in their lives... and since it's the SF 49ers, I figured why not this one? So that's the PLAN. hahaha

How did you guys do???

Replies

• ridofthegoodies
    ridofthegoodies Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats on meeting most of your resolutions already!

My biggest goal was to get fit, so that is a work in progress but I've given it about 75% effort in January (eating veggies, protein and cutting back on the carbs ... along with going to the gym). I need to work on adding strength exercises because I am still a cardio-aholic. I'm on MFP a lot, still learning and breaking bad habits.
  • star0205
    star0205 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have lost 5.4lbs so far. My goal for each month is 4lbs just 1lb a month and so to have that extra is just a bonus. I am happy to be losing. I am going to make sure to exercise more this month so that I know I am giving it my all. I am also working on giving up sodas all together and drinking just water. :happy:
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    *Get back on exercise regime and eating cleanly
    Most of the time, especially last couple of weeks.

*Sleep better - more than 3 hours per night!!
    Some nights better others the same

*Give up alcohol for at least 6 weeks after this weekend, and repeat intermittently during year.
    Managed 4 weeks, will do so again at some point

*Drop from 26% body fat to 12%
    23.6% at moment

*Sort out my finances
    Have loaned money interested free from a friend to pay off all debts and pay him back over time.

*Sort out my head and stay off the meds
    Doing a lot better mentally, and have stopped taking meds off my own back, been month + now and no ill effects.

*Complete tough mudder
    Coming in June

*Feel good about myself and self confident
    Long way to go on this one yet.

*Be a great friend and strong support for my family as it's going to be a tough year.
    Trying to do this, ongoing though.

*Be able to run 15k without struggling.
    Still around 5-7K

*Get a job closer to home to help achieve all of the above.
    Done - old job 60 miles each way, new job 12 miles each way and more money!!