Started today!

Options
baxgilter
baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
I just started today, it is soooooo weird not doing any cardio before or after. The workout seemed so easy. I did some ab work after because I couldnt take it. Is this normal!?

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Yep. First few days/weeks should be easy. Give it a few more. Feel free to do cardio after, if you want to.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I think I must be an unusual case because actually, I find lifting easier after I do cardio. My best lifting days have been when I have done it after a sweaty hour on the stationary bike, set at level 10 rolling hills.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I think I must be an unusual case because actually, I find lifting easier after I do cardio. My best lifting days have been when I have done it after a sweaty hour on the stationary bike, set at level 10 rolling hills.

Were you squatting? You won't ever feel that way with squats, or deadlifts. Truuust me.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Were you squatting? You won't ever feel that way with squats, or deadlifts. Truuust me.

Yes, I did squats and deadlifts afterwards, and my overheads.
    When I tried reversing things and doing the lifting first, I could not lift as much as when I lifted after my cardio.
    The cardio, contrary to wearing me out, seems to energise me.
    Without it, I tend to be a lot more tired and dopey.
  • faeriewings1
    faeriewings1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    When I first started (only 10 weeks ago) I was doing cardio in the morning and lifting at night, but I was getting very, very tired. now i only do a smaller amount of cardio on non lifting days. I wish I had time to do cardio directly after lifting.
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I do 20 minutes of cardio before or after I lift followed by my stretching.