February Dating Challenge

Options
RunIntheMud
RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
This is meant to be about breaking out of your comfort zone (and we Peeps are at all different levels of that so I tried to make it as fair as possible). With that in mind, this isn't a 'sex' game either so there are only a few points for physical actions.

Eye contact with a stranger = 1 point
Smiling at a stranger = 1 point
Initiating an email (or wink) on a dating site = 1 point
Any conversation on a dating site that makes it to 10 replies back and forth = 5 points
Starting a conversation with a stranger in public = 5 points
Flirting with someone you don’t fancy = 10 points
Asking for/or giving out your phone number = 20 points
Asking someone you know to fix you up = 25 points
Telling someone you’re not into them (instead of poofing) = 25 points
Attending any social event/function you wouldn’t normally (including dates you would might have previously said no to) = 30 points
Flirting with someone you fancy = 50 points
First kiss = 50 points
Starting an online dating profile (only valid if you don’t already have one) = 50 points
Asking someone you like out on a date = 50 points
Asking a stranger out on a date = 100 points
Having a one night stand = 100 points for women / -10 for men
Sincerely telling someone you love them = 100 for men/ 1 for women
Going to a bar on your own and flirting with someone = 500 points

We have to go on the honor system, so add a post anytime you do anything from the list and keep track of your own points there! If you do anything not on the list, or thing something should be added....let me know and we'll figure out some points.

Everyone starts at 0 again. 0-99 is the AA, 100-999 is AAA, 1000+ is Majors.

Good luck Peeps and have fun!!!!

Replies

• jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Woah, why do girls get 100 points for a fling and guys lose 10 points?

/says the single guy posting on a Friday night
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    LMAO.... I'm just the scorekeeper ...

I think it's a valid question, though....... Whoever made this one last go round, please 'splain yourself. :)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

It's a double standard. When a woman has a one night stand she is liberated. When a guy has a one night stand he's a user douche.

Though in all honesty I think it's because this is about "getting out of your comfort zone" and guys tend to be more okay with one night stands than women from a societal point of view.
  • jesusHchris
    Options

It's a double standard. When a woman has a one night stand she is liberated. When a guy has a one night stand he's a user douche.

Though in all honesty I think it's because this is about "getting out of your comfort zone" and guys tend to be more okay with one night stands than women from a societal point of view.

I get what you're saying, but I don't know that that has any effect on how many one night stands women have vs men. I would guess it's pretty even. I mean, those guys are having one night stands with women, right? The straight ones, at least. That would imply those women are doing the same.

I don't have one night stands, but I might make an exception if someone needs help earning 100 points.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I'll try to play this month - it's a bit less absurdly busy than last. Lots to do, but less travelling!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I also believe that there should be something that gives negative points for women but there isn't.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I also believe that there should be something that gives negative points for women but there isn't.

The love thing is 1 pt for women 100 pts for men.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Does this include animals? If so, I have a trip to the animal shelter/pet store in the near future.
  • baxyboy
    baxyboy Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    What a ridiculous double-standard!
    I'm male, yet I'd be infinitely more likely to tell someone I love them over having a one-night stand... I just wouldn't/couldn't do that.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I compiled the scores based on suggestions everyone made. If you don't like the point system, please feel free to make new suggestions. Nothing here is set in stone.

Oh and Run, you should play now that you're fully single again!
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    LOL, you guys are taking this way too seriously. It's meant as a joke and isn't serious anyway, don't get yer panties in a wad. I don't believe anyone actually claimed those points regardless!

If I wanted to talk about how things are unfair I would claim that the "love" thing is unfair for me because I have a very difficult time with emotions, so if I take that step it's HUGE but I only get 1 point? :laugh:
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

Does this include animals? If so, I have a trip to the animal shelter/pet store in the near future.

If it includes animals I have a lot of 1 pointers to claim. It might put me in the lead of the majors.
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    I'm playing this month. :)

Although, I've closed all of my online accounts...gonna have to step up my IRL game.... I had lunch with a girlfriend yesterday and commented on a handsome guy. She says "yeah, not like you're gonna act on it". I agreed. She says "are you f*cking kidding me! You haven't gotten over that yet!" I have gotten better, but just not completely... This will be good.. ;)

My suggestion on the one night stand would be 50 points across the board as a compromise. I don't know that it's a good placement in the "dating game", however I do believe that our group of men and women are equally spread to have the one night stand...

Also thinking the same with the I love you... 50 points?

baxy - Are you playing?
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    LOL, you guys are taking this way too seriously. It's meant as a joke and isn't serious anyway, don't get yer panties in a wad. I don't believe anyone actually claimed those points regardless!

If I wanted to talk about how things are unfair I would claim that the "love" thing is unfair for me because I have a very difficult time with emotions, so if I take that step it's HUGE but I only get 1 point? :laugh:

Yeah, I was just bored. I love you.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

Wanna have a one night stand?
  • jesusHchris
    Options

We could totally win this thing.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I love you both. Where's the 3some point total?
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    All right, I would like to try to play this month.....please put me in the "beginner" group :wink:
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

We could totally win this thing.

What, we haven't already?
    I love you both. Where's the 3some point total?

One MILLION points!

Dr_Evil1.jpg
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    Alrighty peeps.... post your scores from the weekend so I can get this ball rolling.... (if you dare....mwahahaha) :devil: