New to the group - and to online groups

Options
FitToLead
FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
Hi folks, I am new to using the community on this site (not being a facebook girl either) , so not sure if this is where I write, or if perhaps I should have replied to the other new person in the group. let me know.

But, I am so pleased to see this group. There is something about being over 50 and having a lot of weight to lose. I just lost 16lb - 7 kg have another 110lb -50kg to go, though, I lost that same amount this time last year, and put it all back.. so I am keen not to do that this year.

Right now, I am in the zone with my food intake, eating well, never hungry, bloating zero, can put my rings of 30 years ago on.. But, I am keen to connect out to others who know the journey, so that there is someone there when I am next interstate having flown, and cabbed and checked into a hotel tired and more keen to eat anything than make myself a tuna salad or something.

Those are the slippery slope moments for me, and I want to be kinder to myself than allowing that to happen this year.

I recently watched a movie where a man said to a woman, women have the exact relationship they want and expect. She of course argued, but like me, she really let that sink in. And I thought, I just ended a relationship with a lovely man, BUT, had I been fit and more attractive and more vibrant, as lovely as he was, I would have expected more.

So, now I expect more, I want more. And I need to be the person who could expect that more. I want a partner who is vibrant, fit, active, engaged in life and the world, and I want to be the person that such a person would be looking for. So, that's another 110 pounds.. or, at least 66pound - 30kg before I will feel agile on a dance floor, fit enough to cycle the hills not just the flat as I do now, thin enough to wear clothes in which I feel truly elegant. And I will be more likely to be someone whose knees are not going to pack it in under the load:)

So hello to those of you reading, I look forward to reading your posts. I am assuming I just log onto this group and follow any new threads.. so will see you there,
cheers,
FitToLead.