new to the group

Options
FitToLead
FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
Hi folks, I am new to using the community on this site (not being a facebook girl either) , so not sure if this is where I write, or if perhaps I should have replied to the other new person in the group. let me know.

I'm a clinical psychologist, but thought this place felt somewhat like home. I travel and teach around the country a lot and other professional know what it means to focus so much on the needs of others, and... well .. not always enough focus in the right place with ourselves. or at least I have been like that.

There is something about being over 50 and having a lot of weight to lose. I just lost 16lb - 7 kg have another 110lb -50kg to go, though, I lost that same amount this time last year, and put it all back.. so I am keen not to do that this year.

Right now, I am in the zone with my food intake, eating well, never hungry, bloating zero, can put my rings of 30 years ago on.. But, I am keen to connect out to others who know the journey, so that there is someone there when I am next interstate having flown, and cabbed and checked into a hotel tired and more keen to eat anything than make myself a tuna salad or something.

Those are the slippery slope moments for me, and I want to be kinder to myself than allowing that to happen this year.

I recently watched a movie where a man said to a woman, women have the exact relationship they want and expect. She of course argued, but like me, she really let that sink in. And I thought, I just ended a relationship with a lovely man, BUT, had I been fit and more attractive and more vibrant, as lovely as he was, I would have expected more.

So, now I expect more, I want more. And I need to be the person who could expect that more. I want a partner who is vibrant, fit, active, engaged in life and the world, and I want to be the person that such a person would be looking for. So, that's another 110 pounds.. or, at least 66pound - 30kg before I will feel agile on a dance floor, fit enough to cycle the hills not just the flat as I do now, thin enough to wear clothes in which I feel truly elegant. And I will be more likely to be someone whose knees are not going to pack it in under the load:)

So hello to those of you reading, I look forward to reading your posts. I am assuming I just log onto this group and follow any new threads.. so will see you there,
cheers,
FitToLead.

Replies

• neurorat
    neurorat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!!
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    :), like your t shirt.
    I am cultivating the habit of login in morning and night to maintain my enthusiasm to take better care of myself. So it was nice to see a reply.