I GAINED soooo much weight post partum! an introduction

Options
Hi! My name is Kim, and I have an (almost) 9 month old daughter. Pre-pregnancy weight was 220, I dropped to 213 after pregnancy, and my high before delivery was 260. I am 5'11. After delivery I got down to 230 within two weeks, but then my weight slowly started to climb and never stopped until about 3 weeks ago. I breast feed and had no luck with weight watchers. I've had an insatiable appetite.

So after three weeks on MFP I have lost 4.6 lbs... finally! It's not much to me but as hard as this post partum period has been I am glad to see the scale finally moving! I am avging around 1800 cals/day and so far supply has been good. Although, I had supply issues for the last 3 months and take domperidone to help with supply.

And that's my story! Nice to meet you!

Replies

• jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am 6'2" and was 220 pre pregnancy. I gained a lot while pregnant even when I watched what I ate and exercised up until delivery. I am now 5 weeks post partum and have only gotten down to 262. My goal was to get to 220 by the first day of summer but I don't see that happening now. My weight the past 2 weeks has completely stalled and I have even started working out
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im 6 months post partum and weigh around 178. My pre-pregnancy weight was about 185. I found out i was pregnant last November and ended up getting to about 230. After my daughter was born i went down to 200 and have started trying to get the weight off since about beginning of last October. I have gotten about 20 pounds off with about 40-50 more to go. Good luck!!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I am 8 weeks PP and at highest pregnancy was 307 and dropped to 288 after delivery. Right now I am 284 and keep gaining and losing the same 2lbs. I have started watching my sodium trying to keep it at 1300mg and exercise as much as possible.
  • wicklc
    wicklc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am 10 weeks PP and had a c section. I am 5'9" and started at 167 then went up to 230 just before delivery (gained a ton of water weight the last few weeks) The weight fell off the first couple of weeks until I hit 190 then it stalled and I kept bouncing between 188 and 191 for almost 4 weeks. Finally broke through that about a week and a half ago and I am down to 184.4. I am hoping to be back to my prepreggo weight by June 1 and down to 155 by the end of summer.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am 10 weeks PP and had a c section. I am 5'9" and started at 167 then went up to 230 just before delivery (gained a ton of water weight the last few weeks) The weight fell off the first couple of weeks until I hit 190 then it stalled and I kept bouncing between 188 and 191 for almost 4 weeks. Finally broke through that about a week and a half ago and I am down to 184.4. I am hoping to be back to my prepreggo weight by June 1 and down to 155 by the end of summer.

We are very similiar. I am 10 weeks pp and had a c-sction. 5'8", I was 156 pre-preggo and was about 225 when I delivered. I also got down to around 188-190 and have been stuck there since. I'm hoping to break through. My ultimate goal is to be in the 160s again.